Friday, January 14, 2011

New Year ... New Me

I am happy to report that I have FINALLY lost 6 pounds!!!! I feel like I have been working so hard, and I am finally enjoying some results. Although, I still have a ways to go, it feels good to finally see something come out of all my hard work.

I have, also, achieved another goal. On Christmas Eve, I met my 8 mile goal! I ran 8 miles in about an hour and half. I felt beat up and sore when I finished, but I did it!!!! My breathing was great, and my lungs felt like I could keep going and going ... but my hips ... ah! They were so sore ... and my left knee kicked in about the last mile ... I thought I couldn't take another step. BUT I DID IT!!!!! How will I ever add 5 more miles in the next 6 weeks? I have no idea, but if you asked me a year ago if I thought I could run 8 miles, I would say 'NO WAY!' So, I have definitely come a long way, baby!

In two weeks, Billy and I are doing the Warrior Dash. I am super pumped about that! It's a 5K race off-road and through obstacles. It should be really fun!

Well, as I am recovering from jet-lag and our trip overseas, I will begin my workouts again starting on Sunday. I am anxious to get started and keep losing those pounds! Boo-yah!

No comments:

Post a Comment