Monday, February 3, 2014

just a few days left ...

As I sat at the doctor's office(s) this morning ... I had a lot of time to contemplate the fact that we seriously only have a few days left!  Billy left on a trip this morning ... crazy, I KNOW, but there will be few opportunities where he can be a VIP at Tampa Bay Lightning games/events--couldn't make him pass that up ... anyway, he will be back on Wednesday in the wee hours of the morning.  I am praying that this baby understands that it's just not feasible to come out within the next 48 hours.  Luckily, I've had no signs of labor, so I feel pretty confident that we'll make it to D-day ... which again, I say ... is in just a few days!

I am the type of person that wants to feel COMPLETELY ready.  When I was a teacher, I would get to school extra early ... I wanted everything to be set up for the day ... I would mentally run through the day's plans and activities in my head (and occasionally out loud) ... I wanted Plans A, B and C to be ready--just in case ... I would leave late from work making sure that I had everything ready for the next day and what I needed to take home to prepare, as well (which would constantly make me wonder how people who had kids EVER lived the life of a full-time working teacher?????  that still puzzles me).  Anyway, the point is ... I like to be prepared.  I think of all of the things I need to do ... want to finish ... have to get done ... wish I had done ... needs cleaning ... might need fixed ... I wanted to create ... etc., and I make a list, organize it by day, and I will NOT feel ready until I have finished that list.  It's sick, I know. But it is me. My personality has built me into this person that once I know I need to be prepared, I must get it all done and feel prepared.  So, if this kid thinks it can come early ... well, that's just not in the plan.  Friday is the plan.  Stick to the plan, kid.  Stick. To. The. Plan.

Luckily, a few of my prep items are fun things ... like, a date night, a pedicure, getting my hair done, etc.  So, it's not all grocery shopping, baby shopping, and cleaning.  I did most of the cleaning last week ... I'll only need a quick clean on Thursday to feel good.  Although I know, you can't prepare for everything.  Sometimes things just happen when they do, and you have no control over them ... and I think I'm pretty flexible despite my personality tics.  I just think that I'll be so much happier, calm, and relaxed when the baby is born, if I don't have a 'To Do' list hanging over my head.

Speaking of the baby ... I went to my last OB appointment today.  Everything checked out great, as per usual.  Baby still measuring as if it should have been born a few weeks ago, but no signs of labor (and glad of it).  I have my pre-op appointment scheduled for Thursday afternoon with both my OB and the hospital.  The c-section is scheduled for 7 a.m. on Friday, and now, we wait ... and hold on ... and get that list done!
This shows me pregnant at 39 weeks with all of my kids (38 with Colton, because that's when we induced him).  Billy says that I look much bigger with this one than I did with the other two ... I disagree, but I see myself differently than others see me.  Either way ... I'm older that's for sure! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment