Tuesday, January 21, 2014

a neutral baby's room ... boy or girl

Counting down the days ...
37 Weeks ... and counting ...
Last week, I worked and worked ... and finished the baby's room in one week!  I painted the entire room in two days!  It's amazing how hard you can work when you're anxious to see the outcome.  To be fair, I had been painting the baby's crib for a few weeks ... working on it here and there, but I finished it this past week, and I finally got everything put up and together.  It's now ready for guests, as well as, a new baby boy or girl.

I went with a really neutral room.  I want to personalize it more, of course, when the baby arrives.  I will add more color when I know what gender I'm having ... I'll add more girly or more boy colors dependent upon who pops out.  If it's a boy, I plan to add greens, yellows, oranges, browns, etc.  If it's a girl ... I may add some of those colors, too ... along with pinks and purples.  Right now, it's gray with pops of a vintage blue ... and my favorite--a chalkboard wall!  I want to make a mobile to incorporate more color that way.  Billy says it feels like a hotel room in there ... kind of nice for guests, but I kind of want the baby to feel like he/she is in a cozy room!
Crib and Chalkboard Wall ... his or her name will go inside the picture frame.
This is the opposite side of the room from the crib.  The guest bed, as well as, some pictures.
A closer look at the pillows on the bed.
Another view of the guest bed with the shelves I added.
The shelves I added last week with some decor.
The entrance to the room.
I refinished this framed mirror.  It was my grandparents.
The changing table area inside of the closet.  I will get a new changing pad cover, but I'm not in any hurry ... as it's hidden away inside the closet.  I added that shelf to the right on the wall ... it houses lotion and hand sanitizer.
A closer look at the frame I refinished and the wall.
The baby's crib from above.
I refinished this table this past fall, so I thought it made a good place in this room.
From the entrance of the room looking in ... I love how the color of the crib looks against the chalkboard wall.
A piece of artwork that I made ... I see these all over etsy, and I figured, I could probably do this myself.  So, I did! 
These are two contenders for the "coming home" outfit.  I like them both ... I just haven't decided.
Anyway, I only have a few things left to do before I feel completely ready for the baby to arrive.  I want to wash my older kids' newborn/0-3 month jammies, so the baby has some options of clean clothes.  I want to clean my house ... really well.  I mean, every nook and cranny!  I just prefer to do the hard cleaning myself, and I will feel much better arriving back home from the hospital knowing all has been taken care of down to the nitty-gritty.  I want to clean my car ... vacuum, wash, windows, wax, etc.  I have my new carseat, but I just need to bite the bullet and put it into my car ... the thing is that I need to buy one more seat protector.  Having a car filled with an infant carseat, a toddler carseat, and a booster seat really fills it up!

I, also, need to buy a few more things ... size 1 diapers, a few more wipes, a new thermometer (my favorite one I used for my first two kids is MIA, so I better reinvest!) ... and I need to sterilize bottles, the pump, etc. ... just in case.

I got my hair cut on Sunday ... which it desperately needed!  I hadn't had a hair cut since the beginning of June.  I want to get one more pedicure the week before the baby is born ... just for some fun and to feel all prepped and ready.  (Of course, that's more of a want--not so much a need!)

I'm starting to feel the super nesting bug ... as I want to work on Colton's room before the baby arrives.  I want to put some book shelves on the wall, so I can clean up the books that litter his floor on a daily basis!  I'm glad he loves to read ... but I need some organization!  I think I can do it for under $15.  I want to try it out and see how it goes.  Hopefully, I can blog about my success soon.  We'll see if I really have the time!

I went to the doctor yesterday ... having my weeklies now.  He asked me, "So, how big were your other babies?"  I told him Colton was nearly 9 lbs. (8 lbs. 15 oz.) at two weeks early, and my daughter was 9 lbs. 4 oz.  He asked me if I usually measure several weeks ahead of schedule.  I said, "That is not news to me!  I have always measured 2-3 weeks further along than I am."  He laughed.  He said, "Well, looks like this one will be up-to-par with the others ... as long as you're used to it, I have no problem!"  I laughed ... just another big Heinrich to add to the group.  I love some chubby newborns! Will keep you posted after my next visit ... hoping all stays quiet on the baby news ... I am working around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment