Monday, September 30, 2013

full circle

So, I really need to blog about Khloe's 2nd birthday ... but as I sit here, I find my mind fully encompassed by a different topic.

Below you will see pictures of what filled my evening ...
It doesn't look bad from here ... wish I could insert a "smell" photo.

Across the room!
Me, too, Khloe ... that's exactly how I felt! 
It ain't chocolate, folks!
Seriously ... disgusting!

Cleaning up a mess of poop wasn't what I had hoped for this Monday afternoon/evening, but Khloe's curiosity and boredom got the best of her during nap today ... and she left me a huge, stinky mess to deal with.

When I opened the door, I could immediately smell the waft of fresh poop.  It was disgusting!  I knew that something must be terribly wrong ... then I opened the door wider, and I looked into her room.  There she was ... standing in her crib ... smeared with poop.  Her crib rails, sheets, walls, stuffed animals, blankets, feet, nails, hair ... all were smeared with poop.  But I, also, noticed poop on the floor and across the room.  It was a solid poop that she must've used as a play-doh to smear it the way it was--all over everything!  She had thrown some of the solid pieces across the room and onto the floor.  The worst part might have possibly been the smell.

As soon as I saw her, I just stopped in complete awe.  I stared at her.  She stared at me.  No one said anything for a few minutes.  Then Khloe said, "Poop is EVERYWHERE!"  I managed to say, "What did you do!?!"  Then I realized ... she had removed her shorts and diaper.  She said again, "Poop is EVERYWHERE! I played with it."  Yes, you did, Sis ... yes, you did.  Ugh!

I immediately started the bath, and I stripped off the only piece of clothing left on her ... her shirt.  I put her in the bath and scrubbed poop off of her feet, fingers, hands, nails, ears, hair, cheeks, legs ... it was definitely everywhere.  Once she was cleaned, I dried her off and sent her to Colton's room.  She got dressed and banished from the kids' room area.  I had some serious disinfecting to do!

I have washed everything ... including the carpet!  I'm still reeling from the smell, but at least it's all clean ... every last crib rail. Grrrrrr!

I'm now overloading our washing machine with stinky, poopy everything.  At least it's almost all done ... what an evening.  I need a massage!

On a side note ... I titled this blog "full circle", because, apparently, I did this to my Mother when I was little ... so what goes around comes around ... all my Mom did was laugh when I called her.  Thanks, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment