Saturday, March 10, 2012

strawberry festival

Before we headed off to Utah, we had a busy, busy week ... that included a fun trip to the Strawberry Festival. I wanted to blog about it before we left, but ... like I said, we were pretty busy!

The Strawberry Festival is in Plant City, FL. It's about 40 minutes away from our house, and it's much like the Florida State Fair--only smaller and with more strawberries. We walked around and saw some crafts ... and a lot of food vendors. Colton rode the flying elephant ride with Billy. He was pretty cranky, because he was tired. But when it was over, he was really excited about the ride. He talked about riding in "Dumbo" for a while. We found a yummy strawberry shortcake vendor, and the three of us shared a delicious treat.
Colton rides with Daddy on the flying "Dumbo" elephant ride. He ended up liking it so much!

The strawberry shortcake was SO good! It was worth the trip to the festival.
We bought a 1/2 flat of strawberries, because we knew we were planning on being out of town. We ate some of them with ice cream that night, but we had to freeze the rest of the strawberries. I'm excited to use them in some tasty recipes! The entire flat was only $8 dollars, and the 1/2 flat was $4. Pretty cheap around here this time of year!
And they are delicious!


Earlier last week, Khlobear did some sitting! She likes to sit, because she can get at her feet really easily ... but just today, I found her laying on her back holding both feet, so she'll get to them any way she can!
She's getting so big! Already learning how to sit.


We had a little play date last week with Landon and Duska. We had a picnic and played at the park a little bit. It was really fun! We'll have to do more picnic play dates. The kids really love to play at the park, too. It was a beautiful day.
Having a little yummy picnic lunch with Landon.
Landon and Colton had a fun time playing chase.
Colton being a big boy and going on the slides by himself.
Slide races!


We had a little park time in the evening last week with Daddy, too. Since it's been staying lighter longer in the evening, we headed to the park. Khloe got to take her first trip to the park in a big stroller without the infant carseat. She's such a big girl!

I can't believe it's almost the 6th month mark since Khloe was born. I have already begun the making baby food process. Last week, I made butternut squash and sweet potatoes. I am going to make a few more yellow and orange veggies this week. I have carrots, yellow squash, and acorn squash on the menu. I will, also, need to make some peas and green beans. Then I think I'm good for a bit.

A few pictures from last week ...
Colton's first try at Rice Crispies. He liked them ... especially because they made noise!
Colton put on my shoes one evening and told me he was going to "workout". I asked him again, "what are you doing?" He said, "I'm going to do my exercises!" I guess I've been doing that a lot lately.
One morning, I woke Khloe up before Colton, so both of us went to wake Colton up. I laid him down on the ground to change his diaper, because I had laid Khloe up on his changing table. He got up, because he wanted to say 'goodmorning' to Khloe. He wanted to hold her hand while he talked to her. I love that kid!
Just hanging out with Daddy at bedtime.
This is how Colton plays hide-and-seek. He lays down or stands at a wall and covers his eyes. I guess the old "I don't see you, so you don't see me" trick applies.
Hanging out with Khloe at the park.
Last Friday night, Khloe was feeling haystacks.
A little brother-sister bathtime ... he kept splashing her with water, and she would laugh and laugh.
Khloe was having a little "floor time", and this is how I found her. Poor girl!
May be one of the last times she uses her swing. She's just getting to be too big.

No comments:

Post a Comment