Sunday, September 22, 2013

what's what ...

We've been busy, as usual, lately.  We've had a ton of fun MOMs Club outings due to Swaptember where, if you have season passes to anyone of these locations (FL Aquarium, Lowry Park Zoo, or MOSI), you can get into the other places for free all month long ... so we have been hitting up each one to get the most out of our season passes.  Here are a few pics from our Aquarium trip:
Our trip to the Florida Aquarium!
Colton and his buddy, Alexander, looking at the sharks and giant grouper.
Khloe hides like a hermit crab in a shell.
Colton loves playing on these shells!
The touch tank!  The water is COLD, but he really loves to feel the starfish.  Khloe was not so interested. 
Colton got a black eye a couple of weeks ago.  It's still trying to heal, but he basically ran into a chair.  We were at Monkey Bizness, and he was talking to me and walking backwards as we left.  I asked him to turn around and let's get going ... when he turned around, he bonked right into the side of a chair.  A few hours later, he had a HUGE black eye!

One night this past week, Colton was playing Mario, and Khloe likes to hold a remote and pretend to play, too.  She came walking up to me, and said, "Look at me!"  She had the remote around her ankle.  Great work, Koki, great work.

So, we hosted a few things last weekend.  I had a MOMs Club event at my house, and the next night, we had church plant at our house.  I decided to make pizza buns for CP, so I used Grandma Heinrich's bun dough recipe.  I had never made it before.  With a little bit of Mom H's help (I called her a few times), they turned out perfectly!  They were really tasty, and several people told me that they really liked the pizza buns ... they said the fresh baked bread really made the difference.  Thanks, Grandma H and Mom H!  

And while I was at the whole making bread thing ... I decided some caramel rolls for my MOMs Club event would be tasty.  So, I made up a batch ... and they seemed to be a hit.  I love caramel rolls!  The house sure smelled great while they were all baking.

At our MOMs Club event, it was Kids in the Kitchen ... so, I had the kids make these apple smiles.  It felt "fall like" using apples, and all of the ingredients were kid-friendly.  I thought they turned out super cute!  Thanks, Pinterest!

Our friend, Levi, had his 4th birthday last weekend.  It was a pool party, and it was Jake and the Neverland Pirates themed ... it was really fun!  All of the kids had a great time ... luckily it was a sunny, hot FL day ... no rain, so we really were glad to spend a few hours in the pool!  I thought the kids made super cute pirates!  
All of the kiddos!
Pirate Captain Colton 
Pirate Captain Khloe 
"Argh!"
"Walk the plank!"
Just wanted to end with a cute pic of the kiddos ... they make life a whole lot better!
My two fishies!

No comments:

Post a Comment