Wednesday, June 8, 2011

illness

I have no pictures to post with this update ... and you'll all be glad for that. I have had one miserable past 16 hours. After dinner last night at Sweet Tomatoes, I was feeling very, very full. I felt like every hour that went by the food swelled in my stomach. I went to bed just after 11:00 p.m., and I woke up at 1:50 a.m. feeling miserable. I had the worst cramp pains in my stomach. They would dissipate and then come again. I thought I may have to go to the bathroom ... and I did. I laid back down, but I could not fall asleep. I was just feeling too terrible! Then around 3:00 a.m., I threw up. I thought I would feel better ... nope. I had to use the bathroom several times this early morning, and each time I also threw up ... 4:00 a.m., 5:00 a.m., 5:50 a.m., and finally, 6:20 a.m. Never sleeping in between visits. By 6:20 a.m. and having thrown up and such at least 5 times, I was feeling so empty inside, but still feeling icky. I ate some oyster crackers and sipped on some water. Then I fell asleep for about an hour and 40 minutes before Colton woke up. It's very hard to be awake on such little sleep with a kid who had a great night's sleep! I was a lout today. I laid on the couch while Colton played all morning. I was SO exhausted and still felt sick. I had no fever, but my tummy just felt wrong. It was almost as if the baby had decided that my stomach would be a better place to stay out the rest of the pregnancy. It felt like she was shoving her little head up inside of there squishing it to pieces and making me feel so full ... when I hadn't eaten but a few crackers and thrown up everything I ate yesterday. I desperately needed a nap. Once Colton had lunch, I put him down and crashed for 3 hours! It felt so wonderful! When I woke up, I definitely felt better. I'm not 100% back to normal. I have had a snack--a banana, some plain cereal, and a granola bar. But every now and again, I get a tiny cramp in my tummy ... just reminding me of the miserable night I had and scaring me into thinking it may happen again. Hopefully, tonight, I will get a fabulous night's sleep, and I will feel wonderful tomorrow. I am so sad, because this was my last day here with Steph and Rosie. I was a bump on a log. I couldn't do anything or go anywhere. What a bummer! Steph was a fabulous hostess, as always. But she really stepped up to make sure I was okay today. She even went out and bought me a gatorade to help replenish my lost electrolytes. I am blessed to have such a sweet friend. So, in short, I want to get better quickly, because A: I'm not at home, and B: I am driving 7 hours back to Minneapolis in the morning, and driving feeling sick would be horrible! Please pray for me.

3 comments:

  1. Aw! Poor you! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, just saw this was posted last week! Haha, oops! I still hope that you feel better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do feel better, but it was a rough night and day! I hope I never relive a moment like that. :) Thanks for the love!

    ReplyDelete