Sunday, June 17, 2012

happy father's day

Three in two days!  I am on a roll with my blogging!  Don't expect this to last. (Until we get that new computer ... which could be soon--because they finally released the new MacBook Pros!) Though, it has been nice being able to do a couple of short blogs instead of three huge blogs.  

Happy Father's Day to my wonderful Daddy, my husband, Billy, my step-dad, Michael, and my father-in-law, Keith!  What a wonderful father's day it has been here at the Heinrich house.  

On Friday, the kids decorated an ice cream cake for Billy at Bruster's.  It's a mint chocolate chip ice cream cake.  It's yummy!  Colton had a great time ... mostly with the sprinkles.  He wanted to add a lot of sprinkles--unfortunately, that's Billy's least favorite decor item!  He did add some mini M&Ms and colored whipped cream, as well.  It was a neat experience, and it was super fun!
Let the decorating commence!
Colton decorating the cake ... adding some M&Ms.
Of course, it needs sprinkles!
All done!!! Happy Father's Day, Dad!
The finished product! I think it needs more sprinkles. :)
Ready to take home to Daddy!
Cheese!  They gave the cake to Dad, and they are ready to try some!
Yummy!
Daddy with the cake.
Colton took it upon himself to let Khloe have a taste. At least he shares!
Today, Colton, Khloe, and I started out by bringing Daddy some orange juice, donuts, and a fun gift for breakfast.  Colton picked out the bag and card all by himself.  The card is a recordable one ... he sounds very cute saying, "Happy Father's Day, Daddy!  I love you!" The kids got Daddy three bags of gummies: sour worms (his favorite), peachie-O's, and gummie bears.  Colton had fun sharing them, too.  They, also, got Daddy an Under Armour shirt ... "cold block" ... which is designed to block the sun and keep him cooler.  It's red ... he likes it.  I made eggs and prosage to counter balance the donuts.
Colton picked this bag out especially for Dad.
Getting ready to take Daddy his gift!
The kids with Daddy--gift time!
Got a few giggles.
Dad's new Under Armour shirt.
He's booty of gummies!
Colton might share with Dad!
Khloe prefers the bag to all gifts and treats.
Breakfast!  Eggs, prosage, and a donut. :)
After breakfast, we played a little bit then Khloe took a nap ... after she woke up, we went to find some golf clubs for Daddy.  He ended up finding some Callaway irons.  He got the iron set and a bag!  Now, he just has to collect the drivers and the putter.  He'll be a pro soon!
Some quality father/son time ... playing puzzles on the iPad.
Dad's new golf clubs!
We washed both cars while the kids napped ... then we took a nap!  After that, we headed to the pool.  The kids love the pool!  The water was so warm, too.  Then we Skyped with Grandpa and Grandma Reynolds.
We had a fun Father's Day--and the best part is that tomorrow, Billy will have a homemade (hand picked berries by me) blackberry pie waiting for him when he gets home ... one last extended treat for Father's Day.  It's always fun to extend the party just a little bit!
The kids made this with Dad at Sabbath School.  Hand trace for Father's Day!  So cute!
I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband who is also a great father.  Colton has a fantastic role model and a caring Daddy to look up to.  Khloe will always feel loved and protected by her Dad, too.  It sure makes Father's Day special when you have a special guy to celebrate.
One of Billy's favorites!
And I am so very thankful for my own Daddy whom I look up to every day ... and whom I have looked up to for as long as I can remember. He is a very caring, kind and Godly man whom I am proud to call my Dad.
Me with my Daddy ... I love that we match!
Me and Dad on my wedding day
Colton and Khloe are super lucky to have such a great father and wonderful grandfathers (Grandpas Reynolds, Heinrich, and Bourland) in their lives.
Colton, Billy, and Grandpa Heinrich
Colton hiking with Grandpa Bourland
Had to get one of Khloe in here!  Koki with Grandpa Reynolds (& curious, caring Toby). 
Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment