Monday, August 20, 2012

I'm baaaack!!!!


We have been on SUPER vacation for the past month.  I am still ... technically ... on vacation, but we are headed down our last week and last leg of our month-long trip.  Today, we shed a tear, because we are leaving my Dad's house.  It's always sad to say goodbye to grandmas and grandpas.  The kids have had a great time here visiting with Grandpa & Grandma Reynolds.  I have enjoyed it a lot, too.  We, also, had a ton of fun visiting with Aunt Dana, Uncle Dan, Zion and Madison.  Colton really liked playing with Zion ... he is so good with little ones!  Maddie and Cole had fun running around together, too. But all good things must come to an end. 

Before this week, we spent a day with my BFF Aubrey and Josh ... soon-to-be parents!  :)  We had a lot of fun visiting, eating Korean food, taking pictures, and gabbing about BABIES! We, also, spent that week up in Minnesota with my Besties, Tricia, Gwen & Steph.  We always stay at Tricia's house when we head up to MN.  It's fun, because her little boy, Brody, is just a little bit older than Colton (basically the same age), and her little girl, Colbie, is one month younger than Koki.  So, they had a great time playing together all week.  We really had fun this year!  I already miss my buddies!

And to start our great trip north, we were in Ely, MN with Billy's family having our biennial family reunion with the Ellstrom side of his family.  We had a blast up at the lake!  Colton got to canoe, kayak, throw endless amounts of rocks, find sticks, play with his cousins, go swimming, see the bears, etc.  It was a lot of fun.  He, also, had a lot of fun riding on tractors with Grandpa Heinrich.  It was fun to be with all of his cousins and aunts and uncles on his Dad's side of the family.  Colton and Khloe both have a lot of fun with Grandpa and Grandma Heinrich!

Now, we are headed to my Grandma's house in Sperry (Tulsa), Oklahoma.  We will be there for one day and two nights.  Colton's excited to spend some time with Great-Grandma.  Then ... FINALLY ... we will head home to Tampa.  Colton and Khloe are VERY, VERY excited to see their Daddy!  I can't say I'm not right on board with them.  I have missed Billy A LOT!  It will take us two days to get home, so we'll stop in Jasper, AL at a hotel for the night.  It's about halfway home to Florida.  I'm not really looking forward to spending two full days in a car with the kiddos (mostly with Koki), but it is what it is ... and it won't last forever!  I'll have to make sure I have a lot of headache medicine along for the drive!

I will blog about each place we stopped and post some pictures, too ... so stay tuned, if you're interested in seeing and hearing more about our trip this summer.  It will take me a little time before I get it all posted, but it will be full of pictures and fun stories!  

I'm off to Tulsa!  Wish me luck ... for this week will be full of lots and lots of driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment