Wednesday, July 25, 2012

silly toes


Billy sits down to watch a movie with Colton one evening.  He asks Colton, "What do you want to watch?" Colton excitedly replies, "I want to watch SILLY TOES!" Well, I guess that funny, silly boy translates the movie Happy Feet into Silly Toes.  He's so funny--and smart!  What a riot!


This week, I am preparing and packing and cleaning and mowing and shopping ... all to get ready for the big summer trip.  We leave on Friday afternoon, and I have a lot to do.  I have mostly packed up the kids.  I have made lots of lists.  I need to run a few things over to a friend's house, so she can give some things out to my other friends while I'm gone. I have shopped ... I have returned items ... and we have washed our car--and changed the oil.  I still feel so far behind.  


The next item on my agenda is to pack myself.  I know ... I'm usually a "day of" kind of packer, but I have been really trying to break myself of that habit.  I need to get packed up days earlier than my trips ... rather than frantically packing (everything in my closet, because I don't know what I want to bring with me and I'm in a hurry) the morning that we leave.  I will get most of that done today.  Of course, there are some items that I just won't be able to pack until Friday (toiletries and a few items I might wear before then), but if I can do the majority of it ... I know I will be more relaxed and less impatient on Friday morning.  Plus, I think I'm going to help Billy out and pack the majority of his clothes for him, too.  I know ... how nice is that!?!  But he has been working so hard lately ... for over a month (probably more like 2 or 3 months), he has been working LONG hours--leaving before 8 (sometimes by 6:30 a.m.), and he doesn't get home until nearly 8:00 p.m. or later every night!  So, I think helping him pack would be the right thing to do ... plus, I know him.  I pretty much know exactly what he will want to wear driving and what he would want packed.  It shouldn't be too difficult.


Whilst all of this commotion around here, Koki has a runny nose.  It's been over a week.  She doesn't seem to be bothered by her ears, so I don't think she has an ear infection--no fever and the like (though, both of my kids haven't had fevers with infections that have been found via their well-checks before--so that's not a totally reliable reading).  I think she just picked up something that has affected her nose ... or she's teething, because she always gets a runny nose before a tooth pops through.  We'll see.  I'm just getting tired of wiping that leaky faucet!  I'm ready for it to dry up. 
Crazy Koki in her new sweatshirt.  She's waving to the camera (or herself).
Cole has been as active as usual.  He is really into his trains right now.  He loves Thomas and Friends.  He, also, really likes things that connect.  He wants everything to connect.  He found one of Billy's old trailers from his car collection, and he wants it to connect to every car ... (for the record, it doesn't connect to any car ... but he tries so hard!).  He, also, wants Mater to tow everything!  He tries to hook all of his CARS cars to Mater.  It doesn't work like that, but he will try and try.  I think that's one reason he is really loving his trains ... they connect to each other through magnets.  He thinks that's great! 

I found Cole like this one afternoon.  He had pulled up a chair to the window, and he was playing with his cars on the window sill.  I asked him, "Hey, what are you doing?"  He said, "Mommy, I just pulled up a chair!"  That you did, Buddy ... that you did. :)
This is the face I love and adore.  My cheesy boy!

We made it to the water park today ... despite all of the rain we've been having.  Unfortunately, it rains every day right during the time where I'm usually at the water park.  It is so frustrating.  I can't go earlier, because Khloe has her nap ... earlier than that, and it's morning.  I can't go later, because that's when I'm making dinner and feeding the kids.  Ugh!  We went today ... for an hour or so ... then we headed home, because the rain clouds rolled in.  As soon as we got home, the clouds opened up, and it began to POUR!  I'm glad we got home, because I walk to and from the water park.  The kids would've been drenched!  (You might be saying to yourself, aren't they already wet from swimming?  And you would think so, but no ... I change them into their dry clothes at the water park before we go home.  This way, they don't get the stroller soaking wet.)

Finally made it to the water park ... 
And the rain moves in nearly an hour later.  Grrrr!
We still had fun!

To say the very least ... I'm nervous about our drive on Friday.  It will be a long drive ... over 24 hours.  Yikes!  Pray for us.

1 comment:

  1. Darling kids AND what a cute blog wow! You should stop by our blog hop today and show off your cute blog on our blog hop! Come and check it out!

    http://abpetite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete