Tuesday, September 4, 2012

a night in lincoln, ne


After I we left Minnesota and drove by the bridge in Madison County, IA ... I ended up in Lincoln, NE.  The kids and I went to visit Aubrey and Josh Leeker.  I was pretty pumped, because Aubrey (my friend since I can remember having friends) is pregnant!!!!  I was so happy to see how she and Josh are doing ... where they live ... what's been going on in their lives, etc.  I, also, wanted them to meet Khloe.  We didn't get to stay for too long.  I didn't want to impose my two energy filled kiddos on them for more than a day!

Aubrey & Josh have such a cute home.  They have made it feel very warm and comfortable.  I love the vintage feel with the touches of family and homeyness everywhere.  Since they are both so crafty and artsy, there were photographs and art work all around that they have taken.  It was a really lovely home, and I was so happy to get to stay with them.
Watching cartoons while Aubrey and Josh make dinner.
Colton kept Josh busy ... he wanted to play with him immediately upon arriving at their home--way after his bedtime!  Khloe wasn't too sure about Josh, but at this point in her life, she's not too sure about any guy!  The kids loved Aub ... which it isn't too hard to see why.  She's so good with kids and will be a wonderful Mommy.

On Friday morning, Josh made us a tasty breakfast, and then Aubrey and I took the kids to the park down the street from their house.  It is the cutest park ever!  Aub took some pictures of Khloe (her baby gift to Khloe when she was born), and she even went a step further and took a couple of pictures of both of the kids.  I am one lucky girl with a very giving friend!
I took this picture of Colton while we rode on the teeter-totter ... Aubrey was taking pictures of Khloe at this time.  I thought it turned out so cute!  I just love the flooring at this park. 
Aubrey ... 5 months pregnant and down on the ground getting pictures of my dolly ... love them both!
Khloe

It was so nice to visit with Aubrey.  She is so excited about having a baby, and she is researching, asking questions, reading, shopping, comparing, crafting, etc.  It was too cute to see how her face lit up when she talked about her baby.  I am just too thrilled for them, and I am so looking forward to meeting their little him or her!  Hopefully, the baby will be born on December 1 ... that's my guess (it's due date is December 2).  I think 10 year-olds Aubrey and Tasha would have just LOVED the idea of their kids sharing a birthdate ... three years a part or not, it would have made us just too excited!

On Friday afternoon, we said goodbye to our friends, and we headed to Kansas City.

No comments:

Post a Comment