Tuesday, January 29, 2013

cock-a-doodle-doo! ... and a tooth, too!


I have been thinking, lately, about how I really need to get Cole a haircut.  He has had a mop all winter.  Billy likes to let it grow, and I think that it's fine.  A little Bieber-ish but cute none-the-less.  So, I decided it was time to pull out the shears.  While I was thinking about it, I figured ... let's do something fun!  I bought some hair wax, and I shaved down the sides of Colton's hair.  Now, he has a mohawk, and it seems everybody (but my Dad) likes it!  Ha, ha!  He does look pretty cute, and he runs around the house yelling, "cock-a-doodle-do!"  (Yeah, because that doesn't get annoying.)
His new hair do!
So cute!


Anyway, who knows how long I will have him keep this cut, but for now, I really like it.  So, it stays.

Today, Koki cut the first of her last four teeth!  She has been teething these canines for over a month, and finally, the top, left canine broke through.  I am so happy, because she hasn't been herself.  Her top,  right canine is about to bust through any minute, so I expect it any day now.  The bottom two are bulgy, but not nearly as close to breaking through.  I know this seems so boring and dull, but in our house, it's a big deal!  When those suckers are moving, I have one unhappy kiddo.  I will be so thankful when the last three are in, and I won't have to blame teething for her naughtiness anymore! Ha, ha!
Koki loves Cole's new toddler bed!  She is always climbing up on it and jumping around.  I don't look forward to her getting her own toddler bed.  Here comes trouble!

So, it's that time again!  Time for festivals around Florida.  We have the Florida State Fair coming up, the Strawberry Festival, and we just went to the Kumquat Festival last week!  I didn't even know they had festivals for kumquats.  If you're not sure what that is ... it's a small fruit that looks like a mini-orange, but doesn't taste like one at all.  It's a lot tastier as a cupcake, ice cream, and pie ... as we figured out at the festival.  Colton had a lot of fun playing a fishing game.  He got to get a fish on his line and then get a prize.  He was very happy about that!  He, also, played in a bouncy house maze.  We had a great time!
Playing the fishing game at the Kumquat Festival.

His prize!


Yesterday, I took the kids to the zoo with MOMs Club.  Colton loved riding all of the rides at the zoo.  I hadn't taken him on them before, because I was afraid he wouldn't like them.  But after all of his fun at Busch Gardens, I knew he would really love the rides.  So, he rode the roller coaster, train (which we've ridden a lot before), bumper boats, and flying bananas.  He had a great time!  He still loves rides, and he still dislikes the swings at the park.  I don't get that crazy kid!
Riding the train.
Colton's friend, Evy, was nervous to ride the train, so she asked him if he would hold her hand.  He said, "yes." :)  So cute!
Staring down his look-alike chicken at the the zoo.
Bumper Boats!

Riding in the flying banana.  He loved that he could control when it moved up and down all by himself!


This week, we have a lot of MOMs Club activities.  I went to Zumba today. I've really been enjoying Zumba.  It's great fun, and it's a great way to lose weight.  I'm hoping for a lot here.  I've been going every Tuesday and Thursday.  On Wednesday last week, I went to Pilates.  It was pretty difficult, but it was good!  I'm hoping to go to BodyPump soon ... a good weight lifting class, I've heard.

Life's been pretty busy, but we're having fun ... so that makes it easier! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment