Friday, April 12, 2013

when i get sad ...


Today, my little Buddy said the cutest and most sweetest thing a son could say to his mommy.  I put him in the car after we went to the gym this morning, and he said, "Mommy, sometimes when I get sad, it's okay, because then I just call on you." I almost cried with love!  That tops what I thought was another heart melting moment we had this week ... I was up during the night one night with Colton this week.  That's VERY unusual for him.  He's a through-the-night sleeper and has been since 3 months old.  He has had very rare moments awake in the middle of the night ... even when he is sick.  So, anyway ... I'm up with him for TWO HOURS one night this week (2-4 a.m.), and about an hour and a half into just sitting with him ... praying for him to fall back asleep,  his little arm reaches out from the bed to touch my knee, and he says to me, "Mommy, I love you.  Thank you for staying with me."  That boy!  He is too precious!  I try to focus on those moments when he is being his frustrating three year-old self.

We had a pretty normal week this week.  Semi-busy ... a lot of time spent at the gym (my new home away from home), and we did get the chance to get to Busch Gardens this week!  As per usual, last weekend went way to fast!  We love having Billy home all day on the weekends, but two days go by so quickly.  On Sunday, we went to the park.  The kids always have fun playing and running around outside.  The park is so close to our house.  We are blessed.  Colton really wants to get a bike ... so we told him he had to ride his tricycle around a lot this summer, and maybe he could get one for his birthday or maybe Santa would bring him one for Christmas.  He is really excited.  Every time we see a bike at the store, he wants to go look at them and give them a try.  I'm glad he likes to play outside so much!  Speaking of ... Koki is an outside girl.  She will cry when we have to go inside and begs to go outside, "OUTSIDE, OUTSIDE!" she will yell as she points to the door.  It's going to be rainy this weekend, so I don't know what we'll do.

On Monday, we went to Busch Gardens with MOMs Club.  It was as fun as ever!  Koki was brave and rode the car ride all by herself.  Colton wanted to ride with a friend this time, so she was alone.  She did really well!  We climbed the tree house and walked across the rope bridges.  Then we went to see some animals.  They love being at Busch Gardens, and we had a fun day!

Wednesday, we headed to Wiregrass Mall for Wiregrass Wednesdays.  We heard Mr. Tommy play some music, and the kids got balloon animals.  Colton has really been into dinosaurs lately, so he got a T-Rex.  Koki has been loving Madagascar, so she got a lion.  She points to the DVD player in the car, and yells, "LION, Mommy!  LION movie!"  So, I guess she knows what she likes.

Yesterday, I left my wallet in Billy's car (I had gone to the church to work on Sabbath School and took Billy's car.), so I braved driving the 3 miles to the gym without my driver's license ... but that's it.  We had a "home" day ... it's nice to have those once in a while.  I got some deep cleaning done in my kitchen--cleaned out my fridge ... I mean scrubbed every shelf/door shelves, etc.  It is sparkling!  I did some laundry, swept the floor ... blah, blah.  So, that was good for me.

Today, I have started a new project!  I got a vintage vanity at a garage sale a few weeks ago, and I am so excited to refinish it for Koki.  I bought the paint and supplies today.  I just need to sand it to get started, and I need to find some new drawer pulls.  I can't wait to get it done!  I will take some before and after pictures for a blog.  I have been inspired!

Well, Happy Sabbath to everyone!  Stay dry, midwest ... and we'll try to do the same!
One of my favorite classes at the gym ... Bodypump!
Cole had Koki cracking up at lunch one day.  I loved it! 
BIG Cheeser!
Big laughs at Big Brother!
Sweets enjoying some sweets from Auntie Cherrie.
Just hanging out in the car.
I made this elephant piggy bank for Khloe.  I had made a puppy one for Colton previously (when he was 15 months old).  Now, they are both set.
Koki prepared for anything with Colton's helmet on. 
Found this nut half out of his bed ... he was so sleepy!
Peek-a-boo, park time! 
Hanging out with my Dolly. 
Koki loves this tunnel!  She plays in it all of the time.  She likes it when I peek at her through those holes. 
She's getting the hang of it ... pretty good for 18 months old!
Colton is a star!  He is so good at dribbling.  I can't wait to sign him up for soccer. 
Racing Daddy down the slide.
A fun day at Busch Gardens!
On the merry-go-round at Busch Gardens. 
She is so serious, but I swear she was having a great time!
Colton wanted me to take his picture with 'Mufasa', as he called this lion. 
Having a great day with my Buddy!
My sweet, precious girl.
Just hanging out with my kiddos at Busch Gardens.
Riding the car with his friend George ... as Koki follows behind them.
Driving in the car all by herself.
Playing baseball in the yard one evening this week.
He can really hit it far! 
Koki with her lion balloon.
Cole and his T-Rex.
Found her one night when I checked on her sleeping like this with her bear.  I love this!

No comments:

Post a Comment