Thursday, December 5, 2013

projects abound

Sometimes, I get crafty ... I usually feel crafty, but I mostly can't do much about it!  I'm often too busy with the kids and house things to really have fun creating.  These past few weeks have been different.  I have gotten a bee in my bonnet about a few creative projects, and I just couldn't help myself!

It all began with a bed-side table that I posted about a few posts ago.  I was so excited about how it turned out that I wanted to do more.

Next, I scrounged around my garage, and I found some scrap wood and old paint.  In a few hours, I had made this crafty Christmas art.
Just some scrap wood I cut up, and some paint I found in my garage.  
Next, I finished this small shelving project out of a pallet.  I hung it in the hallway between my kids' rooms.
Just a pallet, some nails, screws, and antiquing glaze.
This week, I worked on three projects.  This first one is a frame I got from Goodwill.  It was labeled $12.99.  It was broken, but I loved the shape of it.  I hemmed and hawed about it for a while as I walked through Goodwill ... and finally, I decided to buy it.  I just loved the shape too much.  When I got up to the register, it rang up for 59 cents!  What a deal!  So, I just took some paint and chalk ... and voila!  I love this chalkboard.  I have to say, I got the inspiration from my good friend, Steph Murrill.  She's super crafty, and I think I've said before that she's an amazing home decorator.  She has a much nicer chalkboard with a lot of amazing dates on it, and I stole that idea from her.  I mimic, because I love!
This is how I bought it from Goodwill.  The picture was also coming out of the frame ... so I had to fix that! 
Got the chalkboard paint on.
First round on the frame.
The end result!  I love it! 
It fits perfectly into this spot.
While Mom and Dad H were here visiting, I got this gem all ready to hang in my living room ... also, lovingly called the "toy room".  They helped me to hang it, so it won't come crashing down on the kids' heads.  I added the final touches today!  It's filled with frames full of pictures of our extended families (and one of our immediate family).  What a warm and inviting shelf!  It's a larger version of my first shelf project.

The last project that I worked on this week was at our MOMs Club event today.  We had a Pinterest Playdate!  What a novel idea.  We all love Pinterest, and it's great to have time for our kids to hang out and play with each other.  So, while they were playing ... we made Christmas hangers for the wall or front door ... wherever you want to hang it.  My friend, Gwendy, made a super cute ornament hanger.  This is what I made!  I love how it turned out!  Thank you to Lindsey for putting together our playdate today and for getting all of the materials.  It was too fun, and the hangers all turned out great!
I don't know where I'll hang it yet, but I drew it, cut it, painted it, and decorated it.  It's ready for hanging ... I'm just a bit stumped about that!
My dream is that I could work on crafty projects several times a month.  It's definitely my outlet.  I have the most fun creating and thinking of projects to make.  I have definitely enjoyed this round of crafting, and hopefully, I'll get a chance to do more before the baby comes ... now, I have some quilts to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment