Tuesday, December 3, 2013

about a boy ... a 4 year-old boy ...

Our big boy!
Mr. C has met another little milestone in his life ... he has turned 4!  I, seriously, am in shock of how quickly these past four years have gone.  He still seems like little, baby Colton to me ... until I see a picture of him when he was a baby or 1 or 2 or even 3 ... then I realize "WOW!  He has really grown up a lot!"  He is no longer a chubby-faced little guy ... he is slimming out and looking like a little boy ... even his "toddler-look" has gone from his face.  I measured him and weighed him on his birthday.
Look at how he has grown!!!!
For nostalgia's sake ... here are his stats:
Height: 39 1/2 inches (50th Percentile)
Weight: 39 1/2 pounds (75th-90th Percentile)

Interesting how he is the same number of height vs. weight number!  He is growing well, and he loves to do many "big boy" things.  He likes to take the mail out to the mail box for me.  He even puts the flag up ... that's his favorite part!  He loves to get the mail when it comes.  I stand at the door, and he runs down the driveway to get the mail out of the mail box.  He loves to help "cook" in the kitchen, and he is a big helper when it's time to clean up.  Now that he can reach more things, he is good at getting little things out for me.  I appreciate his help, and he finds joy in being "big enough".

This year, we bought him a bicycle (with training wheels) for his birthday.  He is still getting used to it and learning to ride it.  He is excited that he can carry his cars on the front of the bicycle! He will, also, be getting a big boy bed.  I guess it's time the toddler bed be retired, so he can have more room to roll around in his sleep.
The four year-old birthday boy!
A Mr. Potato Head ... by request from watching Toy Story! 
Thank you, Grandma & Grandpa Reynolds!
Thank you, Grandpa & Grandma Heinrich! 
Thank you, Aunt Cherrie & Uncle Josh!
His new bike! 
The big boy is four, and we love him SO much!
My sweet family!
Grandma & Grandpa Heinrich with the kids!
For his birthday, we had a Dinosaur Party!  By request, he got a cake with toy dinosaurs on top.  (I think he wanted more toys out of the deal!)  I made a salted caramel buttercream dark chocolate cake.  It was pretty fantastic to say the least!  I will definitely have to file that recipe away in the "make again" category.  He had a couple of his close friends and some family at the party.  The most important part was that he had a great time!  I was so glad to see him so happy.
This was his invite ... I made it myself!
Dino dig jello!
We had ... Triceratops Eyes, Brachiosaurus Sandwiches, Dino Dig Jello, Frozen Dino Eggs, Herbivore Valley Cups, Pterodactyl Wings (vegetarian, of course), Garbanzo Bean Salad, and Cheese & Crackers ... of course Dino Cake! 
I made the cake from scratch ... it's a Salted Caramel Buttercream Dark Chocolate Cake!  Super yummy!
These were the party favors ... dines with their eggs.
Thank you, Levi and Sage for the awesome game! 
Hot gift of the season ... remote control plane ... moves by your movements!
Thank you, Caleb and Elizabeth for my awesome puzzle! 
Time to sing "Happy Birthday"! 
Happy Birthday, to you, COLTON!
He blew all of the candles out in one blow!
Yummmmmmy!
Some party guests enjoying cake!
Colton with his BFF, Mason!
Now, the rushing around of Thanksgiving, black Friday, and Cole's birthday have subsided ... and we are relaxing this first part of December.  Of course, there is always something to be done ... parties to go to, MOMs Club events to attend, and we fly to Kansas City for Christmas this year on the 18th.  But I can sit a while and think about all that I am thankful for ... starting with a special little boy who turned 4 this week ... Happy Birthday, Mr. Colton!

A birthday photo-shoot ...
This is Billy's favorite picture of Cole. 
That smile! 
I love him so much!
My two cuties!
Cheesin' 
Grins for miles ...
Silly face ...
Sweet face ...
Fish face ...
This one is my favorite.
Bubby and Sissy

Khloe Girl ... she's such a dolly!
Grumpy-face girl ... 
Grumpy-face boy ...
Running 
Jump!
Jump, jump! 
Serious discussions ...

No comments:

Post a Comment