Thursday, February 6, 2014

the night before ...


Here I am ... the night before ... nearing 8 hours before I head to the hospital (I almost wrote airport! Now, wouldn't that be something!?!).  I am flooded with a million feelings ... I am nervous, excited, worried, happy, prepared (and feeling like I forgot something, too!), sad, and ready.  I know that a lot of those emotions are oxymorons of each other ... but that's how I'm feeling--all mixed up.  I do know that I can't wait to find out the gender, and I will be very hungry by dinner time tomorrow.  Ha! 

Billy had this dream that it would be a girl even before I got pregnant.  I have thought it was a boy since the beginning ... so we are both on opposite sides of thought.  

Here are our family guesses: 

Billy (went for the "Price Is Right" guess, as he calls it): Girl, 1 lb. 1oz., 1 inch
Tasha: Boy, 9 lbs. 8 oz., 21 3/4 inches
Colton: Girl, 10 lbs. 10 oz., 19 inches
Khloe: Boy, 10 lbs. 5 oz., 22 inches

We'll see in just a few short hours ... though, it's ticking away so slowly!  I won't feel that way tomorrow, I suppose.  As we were sitting at our pre-op appointment in the hospital this evening, the nurse was going over all of the weekend's "events" ... mostly tomorrow's happenings, how I will feel, what I can expect, etc.  I just had a flood of memories from both of my previous hospital stays ... and I told Billy that it just made me think of all of the scary and hurty parts!  I have been thinking about all of the great parts ... but I guess you always push the bad out of your mind--until this afternoon, that is!  Now, I'm nervous, because I hate being in pain ... and I hate how hard that first week is on your body after a c-section.  Oh, well ... I've done it twice already ... here's to number 3!  

Please pray for us!  I will post more soon ...

No comments:

Post a Comment