Wednesday, August 27, 2014

allie's half birthday

six months
This girl ... she hit the six month mark on August 7, 2014. She started eating food as soon as we got back from our trip up north. We began feeding her butternut squash ... she loved it! She wasn't as big of a fan of the acorn squash, but if we mixed them together, she ate it all much better. Since she has begun eating solids, she's had yellow squash, butternut squash, carrots, acorn squash, pears, and sweet potatoes. She likes sweet potatoes the most. I threw pears in to soften up her (warning: T.M.I.) poo. This week, I'll puree some green foods ... peas and green beans are on my list!

She had her 6 month check-up on August 14th. Here are her stats:

Height: 26 inches (50th percentile)
Weight: 17 lbs. 11 1/2 oz. (75th percentile)
Head Circumference: 17 1/4 inches (90th percentile)
Love this gal!
Lately, she has learned to sit up, roll over from her tummy to her back (HUGE success), and scoot backwards. I am most happy about her rolling from tummy to back. It was super annoying to have her only be able to roll one way. She would get extremely frustrated after spending too long on her tummy, but she had no idea how to fix her situation. Now, she just rolls back over ... and I can't tell you how happy I am to see that she has figured that out. Next ... she really needs to learn how to army crawl! That will make everything perfect! We're working on it ... but not too unlike Colton, she isn't really the "go getter" that Khloe was when she was little. Alice is just too happy and chill to get moving too quickly. 

We are working on talking, too ... just starting with babbling. The kids love to help teach her to talk. They babble to her ... which, I won't lie, is super annoying. Have you ever listened to three kids speaking in very loud voices lots of nonsense babbling sounds? No? Well, it's not lovely. But I know that they are helping Allie ... and soon, she will be chatting away. I do love to hear babies babbling ... just not too fond of four year-olds doing it! 
Such a big girl!
I snapped a few pictures of Alice in my dress. I wore this dress for my six month pictures (as you will see below), and I wanted to get some of her. I wish I had this dress when Khloe was six months old, but my Mom just found it ... so, Alice gets to show it off.
Little Tasha at 6 months old
Mommy and Alice ... I guess we share some DNA.
We're still feeling super blessed by this little dolly-girl ... she's just the sweetest, as I'm sure you can see in the pictures ... and they never lie, right? ;)
Love that smile!
squealing!
chew, chew, chew ... gnaw, gnaw, gnaw
She loved the ribbons on the dress ... just wanted to chew on them!
That giggle!
This picture happened when brother and sister walked in ... distracted!

No comments:

Post a Comment