Sunday, September 14, 2014

life update via pictures

I have so much that I haven't updated since we've been back from our trip north this summer.  It's been just over a month since we've been back, and we've been pretty busy! I feel like a summary is best done through pictures ... so enjoy!

We love football season around here, and as week 2 comes to a close, we celebrate with homemade salsa, homemade touchdown cookies, and another TV.  That's right, neither of us could stand to tape one of our games to watch later ... so we "invested" (that term is used loosely) in a new TV.  Now, we can both watch our games at the same time ... because the Chiefs and the Vikings often play at the same time. 
It's football season! WOOT! Got my cuties decked out in CHIEFS' gear.
Our newest fan ... she's a cute one!
Being fair ... got a photo of the kids in their Vikings' gear, too.
Their cute backsides! Love it!
Alice turned 6 months (last month), and she enjoyed her first meal ... as her brother and sister before, she enjoyed butternut squash as her first food. She loved it!
Yum-o!

Colton began VPK last month. He has LOVED it! He goes every day for 3 1/2 hours in the afternoons. He is learning to read, improving his writing skills, and making tons of new friends (while getting to enjoy hanging out with his old friends from MOMs Club)! I was sad on his first day, but I know next year ... that will really be sad ... so I'm trying to keep perspective.
First Day! 
Such a big boy on his first day of VPK!
The kids both had their first dental cleanings. I was worried that the electric toothbrush would freak them out ... and that Khloe might bite the lady trying to floss her teeth ... but they both did so well! No crying, no fussing ... and they both LOVE to floss now. Got to LOVE pediatric dentists! They are well-prepared for new timers.
I was so glad that they were able to be side-by-side. One appointment for both!

Allie has had some firsts lately. She is now bathing in the tub like a big girl ... no more baby tub! Can't believe that!

She now has TWO teeth! This photo is only of the first one ... and you have to see that the mark on her gum is the tooth cut through the gum ... now, that tooth is up and very visible with the one right next to it in, as well! I don't have a current updated pic ... so just use your imagination.

She has started holding her own bottle.  LOVE when they can feed themselves! This makes life so much easier now!
Alice using her bouncer ... she loves to jump, jump, jump ... as you can tell by her expression!
This gal!
It's fall now ... just not in FL! Our fall is full of heat and humidity ... with a lot of rain and love bugs! So, I must decorate my home (which I plan to do tomorrow), light fall candles (which I did last night), and dress my kids in Halloween jammies! This is how we do--here in FL!
My little mummies!
We went out to the beach over Labor Day weekend. It's best to go in the evening right now, because it's difficult for Allie to be at the beach in the day time with the sun shining so brightly. We had a great time playing in the evening, and the weather was gorgeous! What a sunset!
Allie enjoying the beach!
My three loves!
The sunset was beautiful!
This girl's smile!
These are three of my loves.
This picture turned out perfectly!
The rest are some random shots of what we've been up to over the past couple of weeks.
Billy and Bubby went to a football game together ... go Bucs?
Khloe found Daddy's work socks ... love this girl.
I painted this at Creative Canvas for our MOMs Night Out in August. It was super fun!
Khloe was invited to ballet class with her little friend, Aubrey, a few weeks ago. She had a fun time, and she looked so cute wearing my old leotard!

I took pictures of Khloe for her 3rd birthday ... coming this weekend! (craziness) And I love how they turned out.  This picture below is just a sneak peek of the photo shoot ... I wanted at least one picture of all three kids together. I will do a post about Khloe turning 3 ... that's when you'll see the other photos.
This is a sneak peek ... I love it!
We've played games and had game nights with friends and family for three weekends in a row. Last night, I made Runzas! They were delicious ... and channeled the Nebraskan in me.

Today, we went to a friend's house to celebrate his 5th birthday! It was in full TMNT swing ... dressing up as turtles and all. The kids had a blast ... and really enjoyed the piƱata.
Donatello and Raphael ... turtle power!
Heroes in a half shell!
This week, I plan to prepare for Khloe's 3rd birthday ... with Queen Elsa! She is very excited. I feel a bit overwhelmed, but I know it will turn out well. I have always been a procrastinator. I guess I always will be! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment