Saturday, April 21, 2012

7 months

Little Khloe is moving into the second half of her first year of life! She is already seven months old, and I can't believe it! She is one lovey, little girl. In the past two weeks, she has gotten TWO teeth! She got her second tooth a week ago. Now, she has both of her front, bottom teeth. And she is chewing on EVERYTHING! She's bit my finger a few times when I'm not fully paying attention, and her little teeth are sharp. She is, also, trying so hard to crawl or army crawl or scoot. She will move her hands ... she'll grab onto the carpet or pull hard on the floor, but she won't move her legs. OR she'll move her legs and get her little buns off of the floor, but she doesn't move her arms at all ... so she just face plants! Each time she tries, she grunts really loudly like it's the hardest thing ever to do in the world. I'm sure it is for her! She will get it, though. She's almost there. She moves slightly ... about an inch or so, but no long distance moves, yet. I'm hoping it will come very quickly, though, because I can tell she's frustrated, and she wants to move--especially to follow Colton around.
I had to throw these two pictures in, because I got them when I was trying to get her monthly picture ... I thought they were too cute! In one, she was trying to get out of the carseat. The other one, I love because I had just tickled her under her chin, and she gave me this look! How cute!
This silly girl is not like her brother ... he would just lay still until I was done changing him. She wants to shake, rattle, and roll! She rolls and knocks everything off of the table ... she tries so hard to roll off. (Don't worry! I was watching closely for this shot. It didn't take more than a second!)
These two pictures show her teeth. It's hard to get a 7 month old to smile in just the right way, so she doesn't hide those teeth!
I put a ton of pictures of Khloe in, because it was super hard for me to just pick one or two! I am bias, but I think she is too cute!!!


We had another busy week, but it was a fun one. We met with MOMs club a few times. We did a park outing on Monday, and on Friday, we went to one of the Mom's houses and had "Kids in the Kitchen" where the kiddos made quesadillas. Colton always has a fun time at MOMs Club.
During "Kids in the Kitchen", the kids made quesadillas. Colton ahd fun making his, but then he wouldn't eat it! I guess we should have just put cheese in it.
Colton and his buddy, Mason, hanging out in the wagon together. Colton said, "We're going to Sabbath School!"
This is Khloe with the little girls from MOMs Club ... Adalyn and Rochelle ... Rochelle is 9 months old and Adalyn is 3 months old. Aren't they all so cute!?! Khloe was so sleepy, so she was a bit cranky ... which is why she has a sour-puss face followed by a HUGE cry. I think it's cute, though!


Last weekend, Billy and I got the chance to go to another concert in the box at Tampa Bay Times Forum. We saw Van Halen featuring Kool & the Gang. It was really fun--even though, the one Van Halen song that I knew wasn't played ... I'm guessing because it was a Sammy Hagar song, and David Lee Roth was the frontman for this show. Anyway, Kool & the Gang was really good! We knew tons of the songs they played.
This is Kool & The Gang. They were fabulous!
And here is Van Halen with frontman David Lee Roth. They were ... uh ... loud! But it was still fun, and Eddie Van Halen is incredible! Also, David Lee Roth can do some mad high kicks!


We, also, spent last weekend tearing out and replanting some of the flower beds. We have a lot left to do, but we were pretty excited to get started. A few flower beds got fresh mulch, but we still have a lot of mulch to lay. We are excited to see some new life in our yard!

Billy and Colton washed their cars on Sunday, too. He had a great time! He loved rolling the window up and down. And Colton got a few items from some garage sales this week. I think he'll be pretty happy with his new items. He already had supper on his new picnic table.
Cole's new ride.
Our new bike stroller.


We ended up having a super fun Sunday. We played a little baseball with the new glove we bought at the garage sales for Khloe. She enjoyed chewing on it a bit. Colton really did well. He learned how to catch and throw it like a baseball player, and he was getting really good at hitting it off of the tee.
This is how Khloe plays baseball.


I've posted these on Facebook, but I know not everyone who reads this has Facebook. So, I thought I'd share it on my blog, too. Colton will sit and play with his cars, or sit in the cart at the store, and I can hear him quietly singing to himself. This week, he was singing "I've Got the Joy, Joy, Joy". I got him to do it on video.
It wasn't too much later that I realized he knew it in Spanish, too. (Thanks to our Sabbath School teacher, Pastor Claudette, who has been teaching this song to them in Spanish.) So, I wanted to get it on video, as well.


This weekend, Billy is with his sisters and Mom celebrating Cherrie's upcoming wedding. He had a little bit of a delay getting out to Vegas to see everyone. His flight here in Tampa was delayed an hour, so he missed his flight in Miami. They didn't have another one until 7 a.m. this morning! Luckily, they gave him a free meal and a hotel room, but he was pretty unhappy with the airline and getting stuck nowhere near Vegas and only 4 hours from home! I got a text from him after church, and he finally made it. I'm happy he gets to spend time with his extended family, but we miss him here.
The kids got to take a bath together, since Dad was gone. Colton usually takes a shower with Daddy, but it is much easier to wash them both at the same time when I have them by myself.
Bubble-fun time at Sabbath School.


This week, I am planning on working on a long-overdue project. I am painting a kids table for the kiddos. I am excited about the end product. I will try to remember to take pictures along the way. We have a few MOMs Club events this week ... but I may only make it to one. I can't believe this is the last full week of April. Time is flying by so quickly! Hope everyone had a great weekend! Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment