Wednesday, April 4, 2012

TEETH ... or rather, TOOTH!

Khloe has been a real bear these past couple of days. When she's awake, she seems so whiny and needy. She has been sleeping really well ... so I thought it was just a stage she was going through. I never even suspected teething. Tonight, I was getting her ready for bed. I was drying her off from her bath, and I thought I saw something in her mouth. I put my finger on her gums, and sure enough ... she has a tooth! Her lower, left, front tooth broke through. I tried to take a picture. This is as good as I got. Not great ... but she was crying.Now, at least I'll get when she's whiny that she's probably teething. I don't think I suspected teething, because Colton's first teeth took until he was 9 to 10 months to break through! I think I was assuming her teeth would take that long, too.
She drinks water out of a sippy cup now. She uses the straw cup like Colton's old one ... but his was all beat up pretty good ... so I got her a new one all for her.
This is Khloe's first time down the slide. She had a good time ... I think.


Colton has been cracking me up lately. I can't even remember off of the top of my head all of the silly things he says ... I'm going to have to write them down from now on. Yesterday, for lunch I gave him a cheese sandwich, and I spread avocado on the bread (like mayonnaise). He took a few bites--then he asked me, "What's this?" (as he pointed to the avocado spread). I said, "It's cheese." We went over this about 20 times.
Colton--"What's this?"
Me--"It's cheese."

Colton--"What's this?"
Me--"It's cheese."

Colton--"What's this?"
Me--"It's cheese."

Colton--"What's this?"
Me--"It's cheese."

Colton--"What's this?"
Me--"It's cheese."

Colton--"What's this?"
Me--"It's cheese."

He finally looked at me and said ... "No, it's avocado!"


That kid is too smart ... and there's no fooling him! It took him 20 minutes to get him to eat half of that sandwich. I don't know why he dislikes avocado. He used to like it ... but not anymore. Anyway, today he asked for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with no avocado. That kid is a crack up!
Cole can put this puzzle together all by himself. He's pretty good with puzzles! And we do them all of the time, because he loves it so much.


Another little funny from Colton ... this past weekend, Khloe was eating carrots for her meals. I gave him some carrot sticks to eat for his lunch, too. I told him that Jesus made the carrots for him to eat, and that they taste yummy. He said, "Yeah, that's nice of Jesus. I better thank Him."

So ... as you can tell, it's been a long time since my last post. We have been busy, and at night, I don't always feel like blogging. Since our last post, we went to Colton's friend Mason's 2nd birthday party. Here's the quilt I made for him for his birthday.

Mason had a fun birthday party. There was a train that came to our house to pick Colton up for the party. Kids could take rides around their street. They had a bounce house. Colton really liked that! He got out of it once and said, "Mommy, that's too bouncy!" I said, "Was it fun?" He said, "yeah!" He bounced in it several times. Other kids swam at the party, and of course, Mason's toys were out to play with. Gwendy made some tasty food, and the cake was super cute. The party was a Thomas the Train theme. It was really cute!

That same weekend, Brenda and Ethan came down for a visit. It was fun to see them. Ethan is growing quickly. It was nice of Brenda to let Billy and I go to a movie while she visited. We put the kids to bed, and she stayed at the house with them. We saw Hunger Games. It was really good! The books are better (of course), but the movie was a good interpretation of the first book. It was nice to have a date night, too. (I don't know what to do about this ... sometimes blogger uploads my pictures and rotates them. I have no idea why this happens or how to fix it.)

It's been HOT here! Humid ... hot ... humid ... we've been taking advantage of our water park. I went on a lunch date there with the kids and Gwendy with her kids. I plan on going again next week with Duska and Landon ... and probably Gwendy again. Billy and I have taken Colton a few times this past weekend. It's nice to have that right by our house.

On a ranting note ... I very much dislike armadillos! One (or more) of those terrible creatures are tearing up our front lawn. We had to lay some new sod about 2 to 3 weeks ago, because some of our grass had died. Well, it didn't take long, and now an armadillo has started digging around the new sod line for worms and grubs. It's digging into the old grass now ... the new grass, the sod line ... the flower beds! I want to kill it, but we are humanely ridding it from our lawn. We have called an exterminator. He will be out tomorrow ... he sets a trap, and then lets the thing go far, far away from our house. I hope that it's only one little guy, but who knows. Our lawn looks pretty bad. All dug up with holes everywhere. Grrrr .....

We had a pretty big rush this past weekend (month) with KU and March Madness. I can't believe KU made it to the Big Dance National Championship game! It was an unexpected and wonderful surprise. I was biting my nails all month. I really wanted that final win, but I am so happy with how they played this season. Bill Self really did deserve coach of the year. We have been watching a lot of basketball lately. That's how I like my Marches to go!

Last Thursday, Billy and I got to go see a concert. Part of my Christmas gift ... box seats to the Red Hot Chili Peppers! It was a great show, and we had a lot of fun! I am so happy I got to see them in concert. I think we might get to see Van Halen featuring Kool & the Gang. I'm pretty excited about that possibility, too ... but RHCP was really my top choice, so I'm okay if that's the only concert I ever get to see again.

Friday evening, Daddy built a special fort with both kids while I ran to grab something at the store. It was so cute, and both kids seemed to really like it!

On Saturday night, we took the family to a hockey game with the Adams and Mewhirters. Box seats to watch some hockey with friends. It was a super fun night! The kids did really well, and Colton got to go out on the ice to shoot a puck. He touched it and said, "Wow! That's cold!" Billy helped him shoot the puck, and they made a goal!

We've spent a lot of time at the park lately. It's been super hot during the day, but by the evening, it's usually really nice. We have been trying to get to the park when it's nice, because summer will be upon us too soon! Here are some park pictures.

Monday, we went to Gator Fred's with friends. Colton got to play in about 6 different bounce houses. He has not stopped talking about it since. He keeps telling me that he played in a bounce house today. I say ... that was Monday. He just answers, "Yeah." But he is excited about the bounce houses. I'm glad he likes them ... they wear him out!

This weekend, we'll do Easter with friends. The Mewhirters have invited us along with the Adams to their house. We're going to dye eggs, have an Easter egg hunt, and eat brunch. I think it will be really fun!

Well, the armadillo guy comes tomorrow, and I have to hit the gym before Billy goes to work ... goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment