Monday, November 12, 2012

"I'm walking ... I'm walking ... I'm walking"


Khloe's off to the races!  About a week and a half ago, Khloe decided she was ready to walk everywhere she wanted to go.  She's off to the races!  I have a video here of her walking ... but this is actually before she decided that walking was better than crawling.  This is a painstaking video of us getting her to walk to us ... it wasn't but a day or two later, she was racing around walking much more confidently.  But enjoy this video for now... I'll post a better one later. This video was taken November 1st.

I've been thinking of what I should do for Colton's 3rd birthday.  It sort of snuck up on me!  I wasn't thinking about it at all when my friend asked me what the theme was going to be.  Hmmmm ... I hadn't thought about it.  Colton has been loving Mario Kart.  He loves to play a couple of races with Dad before bed time.  He's gotten pretty good at it, too.  He's even finished first a few times by himself!  So, I thought a Mario theme would be fun.  We'll have some family and friends over for his birthday, and hopefully, I can figure out how to make a cute Mario cake. 

For Cole's Birthday, I took some 3rd Birthday pictures.  A little photo shoot for him ... and of course, some of him and Koki.  I think it went fairly well.  Much better than last year!  I guess the older he gets the easier it will get ... I hope. :) 
This is one of my favorites!
I like this one a lot, too!
With his sissy ... I love it!
I love these kiddos!  They are so cute!
Giggles
I love Cole's face here.
a pinecone
so cute! 
Such a big boy now!
Jump, jump!
Jumping and running! 
Walking along ...
Sweet face ...
Me with my boy.
Me with my dolly. 
Loving Cole's Mater.
Cutie.

So ... a little over a week ago, we were at the park for one of my MOMs Club board meetings. The kids were playing in the field next to the park.  Soon, I see Colton crying, and I wonder what could possibly be wrong in an empty field.  I get up to the boy he is playing with (who is walking toward me), and he says, "Colton fell in a mud puddle." Ay! I did not bring him a change of clothing.  Luckily, the moms pulled together for me, and we found a change of dry clothes (that said "Little Brother" on the shirt), and a pair of shoes (that were pink ... they were girl's shoes).  Nice.  At least he was dry!  He did not like being soaking wet and muddy!  It was pretty funny.
Before:  He was drenched!  Soaking wet shoes and socks ... and pants and undies and shirt.
After:  Dry and happy.  Even in pink shoes!


When we went to vote last week, I took the kiddos out for breakfast before we went to run a few errands that morning.  Billy and I voted before he headed to work, so that I didn't have to take the kids into the polling site with me.  Colton was excited to have tator tots!  We had breakfast with the King ... and the kids got crowns.  Cole was super excited that he got Mario and Koki got Luigi.  It was perfect! What great breakfast buddies I had that morning.
Mario and Luigi
Nut bucket. 
BIG giggles ... a little blurry but cute.
My little Luigi.
Later that morning ... at JoAnns ... a little reindeer appeared.


This past weekend, we went to Brenda and Gerson's house for Sabbath.  Mom H came down last weekend and has been there for about a week.  She was helping B with Ethan.  He has been struggling to sleep, eat, be healthy, etc.  Mom was there to help solve at least one issue.  By the end of one week, she had his sleeping schedule better.  So, I hope he starts to allow Brenda to have some rest.  Babies can be tough sometimes.  It was a nice visit overall, so I'm glad we got to see them.  The kids always love to see family.  We went on a walk after naps on Sabbath, and we stopped to play at the park a little bit.  Colton was loving going down the big, twisty slide.  And as per usual, Khloe had to go down the big slide, too ... because as her motto goes: "anything you can do, I can do better."
Headed to the big, twisty slide.
Going down with Mommy ... and I had to force her to go with me.  She was wanting to go down by herself ... which she did the very next time after this picture.
Cole and Mommy head down the slide.  He actually slid down after me.  We made a train down the slide.


This past Sunday was the best weather ever!  I started out with a 10-mile run.  It was great ... except that I was SO thirsty the last three miles.  I should've put water along my route.  Oh, well.  At least there will be water stops during my half marathon this coming Sunday.  The weather was perfect, at least.  Then we took the kids to the park to play soccer and to play on the playground.  It was a lot of fun!  Khloe is such a daredevil ... at least compared to Colton.  Cole never really cared to climb anything.  Koki wants to climb it all and go down the slides by herself!  She went to the rock climbing part of the playground and said, "Up, peas!" (She NEVER says please. That's a big deal!) She climbed up that wall with my help, climbed up the slides, climbed up the stairs ... she was on the go.  Then she was chasing after the soccer ball with Colton out in the field.  It was fun to see the kids enjoying a little soccer time.
On her way down by herself.
On her way up ... her favorite pastime at the park ... climbing up the slide.  The teacher in me wants to tell her that we don't go up the slide and to use it properly ... but then I remember that it's not a rule outside of school!  Climb away, little one! 
Soccer time! 
Sunday night, I found that this shampoo bottle (which I bought before Colton was born) is finally out of shampoo.  No, despite what it seems like, this isn't the only bottle of shampoo we've ever used!  We have gone through several bottles of shampoo and soap ... sometimes this one wasn't used for a long time ... plus, I only need a tiny bit to wash my kids' hair.  Anyway, we've gone through lots of bottles, but this one seemed to last and last ... and it's finally done now.  I'm sad ... it's the very first bottle of shampoo I had ever bought for my baby(ies).  And now it's gone.


Today, the kids and I ran a couple of errands.  I am working on another project.  I will post a picture tomorrow of a couple of projects I have been working on.  I haven't gotten around to posting pictures of my painting.  I will blog about that tomorrow.  Anyway, I needed to get some things for my latest project.  While we were at the grocery store, Colton saw the Christmas Little Debbies, and since we NEVER buy them ... he's probably only had one or two oatmeal creme pies in his life (and that's it) ... I thought it would be a nice holiday treat.  He's never had the joy of a Little Debbie brownie.  I bought one box of Christmas tree brownies.  He loved it, and so did Koki!  (She got half of a brownie.)
Yummy! 



Later that same day .... Colton showed me this toy and said, "Is this a sea urchin?"  Very good deducing, Colton.  No, but it sure does look like one!

Earlier that same day, Koki is too adventurous!  She wants to climb up on everything in the house.  Apparently, she was trying to climb up on the footstool in the bathroom.  She fell and hit her head on the corner.  Do you see the bruise and swelling above her left eye?  This kid is going to kill me!  I'm going to need an entire tube of Arnica just for her!

Well, I better get back to watching the Chiefs actually make a game out of Monday Night Football.  Despite all of the craziness, bad calls, turnovers, and missed field goals ... we are tied at 10 all.

Go Chiefs!

No comments:

Post a Comment