Monday, February 4, 2013

fun weekend, crazy day, another tooth!


We had a pretty busy weekend, as I'm sure most of you did.  We headed to Orlando on Sabbath for Ethan's 1st birthday party.  We got there in time for Sabbath School.  I love the SS at Markham Woods church!  I have missed it so much! It was, also, super fun to see some of my friends who live in Orlando.  I chatted with Mellie for a while ... I miss living around her so much!  Her little Jack is going to be one on Valentine's Day!  Can you believe it?  It all went by so quickly!

After church, we had a birthday lunch at Brenda's house for Ethan.  She invited family and a friend from church (and college).  The food was delish, and the cake she made for Ethan's birthday was very cute.  It was a lamb cake with little cupcakes.  Very cute!  Then the kids took a nap.  Colton went with Billy, Dad H, and Caleb to see a friend of ours who has a fish farm.  He had a blast running and playing around the farm.  The best part may have been the giant piles of sand that they had dug out on one of their properties.  The rest of us went for a walk to the park when the kids woke up.  After we all had dinner, Billy and I headed back home to Tampa.  We got the kids home and in bed by 9 p.m.  It was a fun trip!  Happy 1st birthday to Ethan!  We had a nice time at your party!
Sissy wearing some shades in Sabbath School!
Joking around with Cole ... we were making grumpy faces.
Ethan's cute birthday cake!
Singing Happy Birthday to Ethan!
He's enjoying his cake!
Playing at the park!
She was actually enjoying the swings!
Climbing up the slide.
Riding in the wagon with her cousin, Ethan.
An accident waiting to happen.  Ethan's Grandma has a hold of his jacket hood, because this kid isn't walking yet ... hmmm ... who will crash first?
Better situation ... at least she can control the walking and speed ... but will Ethan topple off ... still probably a bad idea!

Colton climbing the sand hill at the fish farm! 
Rolling down the sand ...
Koki had fun building towers ... and knocking them down!


Sunday, we had a birthday party to go to at 1:00 p.m. for a friend from church.  It was her 2nd birthday.  She had it at a place called Monkey Bizness.  Colton LOVES to play there!  He had a great time running around a playing with his friends.  Khloe had fun, too ... but she was ready for a nap much more quickly than Colton.
Koki eating at a big kid table!  She is growing so quickly!
Playing in Monkey Bizness with Carson.
Mason and Colton sing "Happy Birthday" to Sophia! 
My two cuties!

After the party, the kids took a nap, and I got some food ready for the Super Bowl party we were going to.  We headed out to Brian and Gwendy's house after the kids woke up.  There was a ton of great food there!  I made S'mores bars and jello salad ... at Brian's request.  He loves that jello salad!  The game was fun and the kids had a great time.  But I had to leave early, so I could put them to bed.  I left by 9:15 p.m.  Billy stayed for the whole game.  It turned out to be a much better match-up than it seemed at first.  It was a busy, but fun, day!

This morning, I woke up at 4:48 a.m. ... not because I wanted to ... I set my alarm for 5:10 a.m.  (Not really because I wanted to, either!)  I went to a 5:30 a.m. cycling class at the gym.  It was fun!  I think I may have to start going more often.  I came back to the house and took a little snooze ... emphasis on little ... because it wasn't long until Colton was up for the day.  It was fine, because I had to get the house ready for my MOMs Club.  I had the board meeting at my house this morning.  After board meeting, I fed the kids lunch.  Then we headed down to IKEA.  I have been wanting to get a rug to go underneath the kids' table.  While I was there, I picked up a few more treasures.  The kids and I got a little treat after we finished shopping.  Then we all headed home!  Colton is struggling to take a nap today ... which is driving me nuts.  But I guess as long as he stays in his room for a little quiet time ... that's okay, too.  He didn't get too much physical exercise today and that makes a lot of difference if I want him to nap.  Khloe, meanwhile, is out like a trout.  1 out of 2 isn't terrible ... I guess!
Shopping in IKEA!
Colton's special treat that we shared!  Chocolate covered marshmallows.
The table on the rug that Colton picked out.  I had chosen a different rug (a little bigger), but Colton picked this one.  He insisted that he wanted this exact one!  I'm glad he did.  The smaller size is much better for this area.
Looks good!
One more treasure that I wasn't expecting to buy ... an easel!  With a white board ... paper  roll ... and ...
a chalkboard!


One last thing to make the weekend as busy as possible ... Khloe got her second to last tooth to break through.  The bottom left canine finally popped in.  Now, we are just waiting on her very last tooth until her two-year molars ... her bottom right canine.  I will be happy when it's in!  Then I won't have that to think about any more!
She's growing up so much each day!  She can ride Colton's scooter already!!!!  I'm dying here!
Look at her go!
Weeeeee!  She did such a great job!
And look what came in the mail today!  Our tickets to the Thomas Train event at the FRM!  We are going to ride the train with Thomas!  Choo-choo!  Colton and Khloe are going to LOVE IT!

Have a great day!  Stay busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment