Wednesday, February 6, 2013

little, big girl


We kind of missed Khloe's 15-month well-check appointment ... and by "miss", I mean that the doctor didn't schedule one with me.  If I hadn't had a kid already, I wouldn't have even known to schedule one.  So, I called in to the doctor's office, and I scheduled Khloe's 15-month appointment at 16 1/2 months!  Whoops!

She did really well.  No crying at all ... except for a few tears when the shots went in.  Two this time ... MMR and HIB.  All in all, her appointment was a success.  The doctor was out on family business, so we saw a fill-in doctor (who I really like!).  She was trying to push me a little bit to feed Khloe whole milk, but I assured her that we fill in the missing fats and proteins by adding beans, cheese, yogurt, avocados, and as many healthy fats as we can.  She finally let up on pushing the need for milk ... I guess she realized that since I had already done it once with my son, she wasn't going to budge me to move with my daughter.

Here are her growth stats:

Height--32 1/2 inches (90th percentile)
Weight--25 pounds 7 oz. (80th percentile)
Head Circumference--30 1/2 cm (>100 ... off the charts but curving nicely)

I had the doctor look at Colton today, too.  He woke up with some red bumps on his nose.  By the time we got to the doctor, it looked like it was around his mouth and in his ears ... but nowhere else.  She said that it seemed like it may be bug bites ... but to keep an eye on it.  I skipped playgroup this morning ... just in case.  I didn't want to infect anyone else in case it is something more serious.  I will keep an eye on the mysterious red marks to see if they fade or not.

The doc asked me a lot of questions about Khloe ... one was "how many words is she saying?"  It pleased me to tell her that I can't even count how many she knows.  She is growing to be such a big girl!  I'm a lucky Mom with two pretty awesome kiddos!

No comments:

Post a Comment