Friday, February 1, 2013

my big girl ...


This morning, I had to capture Khloe on video.  She was eating her Cheerios so nicely!  She has been using a spoon for over a month now, and she's been doing well.  But this morning, it was the first morning where ALL of the food got into her mouth.  There weren't Honey Nut Cheerios everywhere! I had to get a video of her eating, because I almost couldn't believe how big she is getting.  After she ate the Cheerios, she ate a whole container of yogurt without dropping it all over herself or the table or smearing it all over the table or her hair!  It was quite a nice breakfast, indeed.  Her usual calling card is to get food all over the place ... though she will REFUSE to eat, if I try to feed her! She wants to hold the spoon and eat all by herself.  Half of me is so happy that she wants to try to be a big girl ... the other half--really dislikes cleaning all of that mess every meal!  I was just happy to see her accomplish something that I know will still take some time to perfect but is a real milestone.

And ... as long as I had the video camera on, I decided to finally show you all her counting skills.  She has been doing this for about 3 weeks, but I just haven't had the time to get it on camera.  She was 15 months old the first time I heard her count to 5.  I was in the kitchen, and I said to Mom and Dad H, "But it was a different one."  So, Khloe said, "Twooooo, three, four, FIVE!" I about died laughing.  I didn't even know she could count!  Then a few days later.  I heard her playing in the toy room, and she was counting.  I heard her count to five (sometimes she skips 3).  Then I heard, "Six, seben ... eiiiight ... niiiine ... TEN!"  Again, I about died!  I didn't know she could count to ten already!  So, sometimes she will skip numbers, or she likes to count with me and will wait for me to say a number, too.  But I have heard her count from 1-10.  She blows me away every day!  My favorite number she says is "twooooo".  It's SO cute!  
My big girl ... she's so cute!

Today, we went to Lettuce Lake Park.  It was a great place to play, but there was a HUGE Homeschool group there.  It was crazy busy!  The kids were all different ages, and sometimes, that was very intimidating to Koki.  Plus, they were super friendly (which isn't bad), but they wanted to "help" the baby around the playground.  And this baby does not like help.  Not to mention, 9 year-old helpers usually just end up accidentally hurting your kid ... well-meaning, but they don't realize that they are squeezing the life out of your kid or pushing them down the slide isn't helping! Too funny.  Anyway, Colton had a great time!  He ran and ran and played and played ... so much so that he had his first potty accident in 7 months!  I think it's partially because he was having so much fun playing that he didn't realize that he was about to pee ... and partially because now he thinks every time he has to pee that I'll make him try to poo on the potty.  Whoops!  I want him to get used to sitting on the potty, so he'll be comfortable enough to poo on there, too.  (He's kind of scared of pooping in it right now.  He's been potty trained for nearly a year, but he just hates to poop in there!)  I think he avoids telling me he has to pee, because he thinks, "Oh, no!  Mommy is going to make me sit and try to poop again!"  Maybe my bright idea to get him comfy with sitting on the potty is backfiring!  I hope not.  I guess we'll just have to see how it all goes.  This poop training thing is for the birds!
Sometimes, trying to get these two to smile is like pulling teeth!  I think Colton is sick of seeing my camera, and Koki never really has been a super great smiley girl.  Ugh!  Oh, well ... this is my kiddos in the sandbox.  I promise they are having fun! 
Lunchtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment