Friday, November 22, 2013

busy, busy, busy ... and hurty

In my last blog, I wrote about going to the doctor this week ... and I got my TDap shot.  Well, that shot itself was nothing to write home about.  Some time ago ... I'm thinking nearly 20 years ago (probably more like 25), my Dad told me, "I like shots.  You just get it all over with in one swoop, and it really doesn't hurt that much."  Now, I know he was trying to get me not to be afraid of shots (and probably to stop crying so much when I got them) ... but let's face it ... it totally worked.  Shots don't bother me at all.  I'd rather get a shot than take 12 days worth of medicine!  So anyway, I get this shot with the smallest grade needle ever.  I didn't even feel the shot go into my arm.  But the next day, the Tetanus part of that shot made my arm so sore!  I have spent all week with what feels like a battered shoulder.  Ouch!  Plus, it just happens to be on the shoulder on the side I prefer to sleep on!  Double-whammy of annoyance ... pain and I can't sleep on that side.  It's finally feeling better ... but it sure made for a rough week--especially at the gym.

Did some crafty project things this week!  Once I get my mind wrapped around an idea ... it's really difficult for me not to get it done.  I guess early this week I decided it wasn't very nice that Colton has a photo album book of his first year and Khloe doesn't ... so I made her one in two days!  Then, one night, I decided that the next day I was going to take on a bedside table project for our guest room.  Done in one afternoon!  After the gym on Tuesday, I thought I'd grab a wood palate from the back of the hospital to make a shelf unit ... half-way done with that project (and the only reason I'm not completely finished is because I can't get the stinking thing a part by myself!).  I need Billy to break it down for me this weekend, so I can put it back together.  It will be done by Monday.  Sometimes, I just get focused ... I wish I could harness that and use it whenever I needed it!
My bedside table project ... just after sanding. 
Stage one ...
Stage two ...
Stage three ... all finished!
This week, Khloe has taken her obsession with Barbies to a new level.  Every time she wakes up from a nap or in the morning, the first thing she says is, "Where's my Barbie?"  She is constantly playing "let's feed Barbie".  At every meal this week, I have had to take Barbie out of her chair before she can sit down to eat.  But I do love to see and hear her imaginative play.  Elizabeth told me that on Monday while I was at my doctor's appointment, Koki had the Barbies run into each other.  She scolded one Barbie, "That's not nice!  No hitting!" And she asked the other Barbie, "Are you okay, Barbie?"  Tonight, she put her Barbies in her dollhouse to bed, and she said, "Goodnight, Barbies!  Have a good sleep.  See you in the morning when rest time is over.  Love you!"  She is definitely in the mimicking stages.
Feeding Barbie a breakfast of black olives. 
Later that day ... Barbie had another BIG meal!
Found this gem this week in my garage ... along with several other toys of mine to let Khloe (and Colton) play with.  This Raggedy-Andy used to have pen all over its face!  I wanted a Raggedy-Ann when I was little, so I took pen to it to make make-up and eyelashes.  It looked pretty hideous!  Thank goodness for the invention of the bleach pen ... I used it this week, and after some washing and sewing ... he's looking as good as ever!  I hope to get him a new little outfit made ... his outfit ended up who knows where.  Not too bad!  I bet my Mom wishes she had had a bleach pen over 25 years ago when this doll was first ruined!  Sorry, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment