Sunday, May 9, 2010

Gooooooooaaaaaaaaal!


This morning I reached my running goal that I set in February. I ran a 5K for a race ... I have run that same 5K 3 times in the past week, but this morning ... it was the hardest thing to do! I couldn't believe how difficult it was for me. Remember how I have said that 90% of running is mental and 10% is physical ... well, I think today proved it for me. I have never run this course before, so I had no idea what was coming up, what signs to look for, or where to imagine the finish line would be. So, as I'm running between miles 1 and 2, I'm thinking to myself, "how am I ever going to finish this race running!?!" I had no idea where to put my mind or my thoughts, so I ended up focusing on how hard it was and how terrible I was feeling. I had no idea what to look forward to or when I was able to stop ... so I pushed my way through it and FINISHED!!!! Running. 35 minutes to do 3.2 miles. Plus, it was super humid and really hot this morning, but I did it. I felt pretty good once it was over, and I'm happy to say that I met my running goal. Now, tomorrow will bring my weight and measurements goal ... I had some celebratory ice cream tonight and was about to go for another helping when I remembered that a second bowl of ice cream is not anywhere near my weight and measurements goal ... so I opted out and instead, drank some water. I'm sure that fulfilled my cravings. Well, at least I can mentally get myself out of this one ... I must meet my weight and measurement goals set for next April, and if I don't stick to it ... I won't stay on track, and I won't meet my goals ... any of them. So, goodbye ice cream ... until my next celebration. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment