Friday, November 18, 2011

8 weeks and grandparent time!

Khloe hit her big 8 week mark this week. She will officially be two months old on Monday! I can't believe, but I love it. She is a really good little girl. Since she turned 6 weeks old, she has been waking only once per night ... at 4 a.m., and she sleeps pretty much 8:30 to 8/8:30 a.m. besides that. I don't mind waking once per night at all ... and I'm hoping for a clean sleep through the night by 3 months--my fingers are crossed! She has, also, been a napping Queen. She takes about 3 solid naps per day ... and a catnap before bed. I am looking forward to her having more awake time ... down to two naps and a catnap, but I can't complain about her sleeping habits right now. I am very thankful that she goes down well, too. I may have to fight her to eat a good solid bottle every feed, but I can get her down to rest pretty easily ... and I wouldn't have it any other way. Sleep is much more valuable to me than a peaceful eating time. It's funny how you find things that are different between your two kids.

One funny difference (well, funny to me) is that I have a plethora of milk for this girl! With Colton, I would have done anything for this much milk crowding my fridge. I pumped for the next meal for 10 months! Rarely had a back-up ... and look at my supply for Khloe! I don't know how long this will last--especially as she starts to eat more at one feeding, but I love the look of this in my fridge.

Last Sunday, Mr. Turtle came back! Colton got to see him this time. He even fed him "salad"/lettuce. Our neighbors were walking by at the same time, so Colton's little friend, Jordan, got to see the turtle, too. What fun was had!Then I got to have some alone time! It was great. I went shopping for a dress that I will be wearing to a Hospital Gala this Sunday in Orlando at Disney resorts. Bill Cosby will be the entertainment. I'm excited. I loved to watch the Cosby Show when I was young. "Hey, hey, hey!"

This week, we went to Gator Fred's. It's a kids playland ... Colton LOVED it! He had a grand time running through the bouncy houses and playing in the play areas. He would run through saying, "bouncy, bouncy, bouncy!"We, also, went to Wiregrass Wednesdays here at our mall, and Colton got to see Mr. Tommy sing, again. He likes to dance to his music! I think we'll plan to go every Wednesday. It's a good (and free) outing for us.

On Thursday night, Grandma and Grandpa Heinrich came in for a visit. Boy, it is really nice to have an extra pair of hands around the house with two kids. Colton is entertained, or Khloe is being held. It gives me a chance to bake, cook, clean, or even rest! I have been super thankful. I guess this is what I will think of at Thanksgiving. I have missed this since my Mom left in September ... and since we left Kansas City in October.

So, I was excited to get another package this week! My BFF, Aubrey, sent a package to Khloe. It was filled with fabulous and fun items! Two cutie outfits (that I haven't taken a picture of yet, but they are super adorable), two strands of pennant garland that she made herself (SO CUTE), and a lovely gift of a photo shoot. I love to get mail. What a fun time to open up all of those generous gifts! Thanks, Aub, for thinking of Khloe! We are so happy with all of the gifts you gave her.

Billy bought a hedge trimmer today. He is so thrilled with it. It'll be good for us to have something to keep our foliage in tact, but I think he's way more exicted about it than I am. I really wanted it when we lived in our old house. I looked out of our front windows and saw overgrown hedges every day! Now, our overgrown hedges are out of my eye-line ... so I don't really care ... but Billy is ready to get out there on Sunday morning and trim away! I'm happy he's pleased with his new purchase ... next big purchase--my push present--a SLR camera! I'm very excited about that.

On Thursday morning, Colton asked if he could wear his hat. He looked so cute, I had to take a picture.

Tonight, we had a delicious supper of veggie chicken noodle soup with cheddar garlic biscuits. Here's what we had for dessert!YUMMY!

I'll end this post with a few random pictures of the kids for your viewing enjoyment ... just captured them this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment