Sunday, November 13, 2011

it's a love story, baby, just say, "yes"!


Just went to my first "tween" concert--Taylor Swift. We sat in the hospital box at St. Pete Times Forum. It was a really good concert. If you know me, you know that I'm not the biggest Taylor Swift fan--okay, I'm not really a Taylor Swift fan at all. She reminds me a lot of someone I once knew ... and it's hard for me to focus on what's good about her. Sure, I'll be the first to admit that she has an incredible voice and she is VERY musically talented ... guitar, banjo, ukulele, piano ... she seems to be able to do it all; however, I just get so played out over her love songs that are on every station a million times a day. Eck! Plus, did I mention that she reminds me of someone? BUT ... her concert was really, very good, and she put on a fabulous show! I really did enjoy myself, and I didn't want to puke at her songs nearly as much as I thought I would. Billy brought up a good point in the car on the way home from the concert. He said that when we were in our "tween"/teen years ... 11-18, it was more about a grunge/angst/anger/melancholy/street/rap type of music. We didn't really have too many ... or any ... teeny-bopper music ... I mean, does anybody count Hanson? Our music back then was Nirvana, Alanis, Pearl Jam, Weezer, Green Day, No Doubt, Bush, Smashing Pumpkins, Blues Travelers, Hootie, etc. There wasn't any Taylor Swift type of music. I said, "We had love bands ... Boys II Men, Color Me Badd, Savage Garden, etc." He said that those aren't on the Taylor Swift kind of level, so maybe that's why I have a hard time identifying with her and her music. I think that's a pretty smart idea. But alas, I had a great time at her concert ... I do think some of her songs are pretty catchy ... and I may have to consider giving her another chance. She does have some good tunes ... that she wrote herself. She gets props for that.

Another great thing about tonight was that it was our first "date night" out without either of our TWO kids! I can't believe we haven't been out without the kids for nearly 2 months. It felt really good, and it was a super fun time. I have missed just being with Billy without taking care of a little one. I'm glad we got our neighbor, Judy, to watch the kids for us. She's a great lady who has two kids of her own (26 and 28). She's a P.E. teacher at the public school in our neighborhood, and she does babysitting for a lot of families in the area. Great thing is that she lives next door! Short commute. We were very thankful for her help. She said that both kids were fabulous--but I already knew that! Ha, ha!

Billy's watching the Pacquiao fight at the Adams', and now, I'm off to bed. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment