Friday, November 4, 2011

"That's a BIG daddy fire truck!"

On Friday, Colton got to see and play in a real fire truck. We went with my friend, Gwendy's Mom's Club to a fire station. The firemen were super nice. They gave us a tour of the fire station, let the kids climb in the fire truck, pretend to drive it, take pictures with the firemen, and spray a water hose. The kids loved it! I really enjoyed it myself. I have especially been loving this great weather that we had today. It was actually a bit chilly when the wind blew. It couldn't have been a nicer day for a fire station tour. Colton had a blast! He would go through the fire truck, run around to the other side, and say, "I get up in the fire truck, please!" The firemen thought he was so cute, so they would put him back into the truck ... over and over again. He even got to sit in the driver's seat and pretend to drive the truck. He had a little temper tantrum when that ended, and he didn't get to "drive" it more than one time. Khloe spent the whole field trip wrapped snuggly in the Moby. I didn't mind having her take her nap in there, and she was more than happy to snuggle down with the wind chill outside. So even though she was there, too ... I have no pictures of the girl at the fire station. Here are some great shots of Colton and his friend, Mason.
Colton "drives" the fire truck. He said, "I driving! I driving!"
A picture with the nice Fireman who kept putting Colton up into the truck and asking him questions. Colton pointed to the fire hat in the truck and asked the man, "What is it?" (Classic Colton question.) the Fireman replied, "It's my hat. What color is it?" Colton looked at him and said, "It's YELLOW!" Obviously surprised, the Fireman gave Coltona 'hi five', and said, "THAT'S RIGHT!" He asked me how old Colton is, and was pretty surprised to see that he knew his colors so well. I'm proud of that kid!
In front of the fire truck with the hat on!
So, during this picture, the kid to Colton's left kept putting his hand on Cole's shoulder. Colton did not like that. He would say, "CHEESE!" But then he would try and try to get this kid to take his hand off of him. I was surprised that Colton didn't start crying, because it seemed like no matter what Colton did, this kid wasn't going to budge his arm! Colton would glare at him, and try to move his hand ... the kid's Mom even asked him to move it off of Colton. It made for some funny pictures!
Another group shot--sans Mason, because he wasn't feeling the picture that day.
Colton and Mason with the fire hose device.
Colton gets to shoot the water from the fire hose device! So much fun!
Posing for Mommy.
Just sitting in the fire truck like a good fireman.
Smiles from inside of the fire truck.


After our fun time at the fire station, Colton, Khloe, Mason, Gwendy, and I went to have lunch at Red Robin. It hit the spot! It was a fun day out of the house, for sure. I'll have to see about going on more Mom's Club trips. It was really fun for Colton to be around kids, out of the house, and doing some extra fun things!

I got a great package in the mail on Friday, too! My pictures I ordered from Mpix.com. I was so excited that I already framed and nailed everything up on Khloe's wall. I even took pictures! I think it turned out great. Now, her room is mostly complete. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.
A close up view of the pictures.
The corner of the room where the pictures meet the circle mirrors.


It has been a pretty decent week. It started out kind of rough ... we had a night or two where I'm sure Khloe was cluster feeding ... waking way too many times. We had a day or two where she had a hard time napping, but by the end of the week, I felt like she was taking some pretty great naps, following a little schedule, and giving me my regular "6 week-newborn" night schedule back. At this stage of life, Khloe isn't going to give me any real regular schedule, but I thank the Lord for each day that she gives me some type of peace ... a good nap ... a longer night ... happier 'wake times', etc. I am such a schedule type person--I need to have an order to my day that can be counted on ... I think that's what drives me nuts about having a newborn--there is NO SCHEDULE ... and there really can't be. Not until her little brain develops more ... her body gains more weight ... and she grows up just a bit. Then I can have the peace that my body and mind is craving--schedule, order, and predictability (as much as a kid can give you!).

This morning, we went and did the Heart Walk 5K. It was great weather ... kind of a chilly breeze, and it warmed up by Noon ... no humidity, though. It was perfect for a Heart Walk. Khloe did really well. She stayed snuggled up the whole walk in the Moby--as per usual. Colton rode the whole walk until we got to the Bucs Stadium. Then he got to walk a little bit with Daddy.
On the Heart Walk.
Raymond James--The Buccaneers' Stadium.

In front of the Bucs boat with Khloe.
The whole family.
Pretty cool to be inside the Stadium on the field.


After the Heart Walk, we had breakfast with the Adams, got cupcakes at a local bakery, and then went to the Tampa Zoo for about 30 minutes (they closed early for a benefit they are holding tonight). Colton loved the zoo, as usual. He got to see tons of animals, even though we were only there for a little while. It was good we came home when we did ... because Khloe needed to eat, and Colton needed to take a nap. Khloe has gone down for a nap, as well ... so I think I'm headed for my own Sabbath siesta.
Cupcakes from the bakery ... chocolate and dolce de leche.
The family at the zoo ... Khloe was sleeping in the stroller.
Mason and Colton watch the white tiger.
Daddy and Colton watching the chimpanzees.


Happy Sabbath!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had a blast! Those big firetrucks must look gigantic to small children. It can be quite to appeal to them, especially with the heroic concept of fighting fires. Heh, even for adults, the image of a firetruck, all red and ready for action, is a sight to see.

    -Maria Wegner-

    ReplyDelete