Friday, May 11, 2012

on the go-go


Khloe is officially a scooter/crawler/getting around girl.  She could move a few inches forward and several feet backward for quite a while, but Wednesday, she surprised me.  While playing around on the floor Wednesday evening, she scooted right past me to get some cars that were across the room.  I grabbed my camera, and I took a video as quickly as I could. Unfortunately, I uploaded it to a program that isn't responding to me.  I am trying to get it uploaded to YouTube, but I think it's not going to work.  So, I will take another video of her this weekend, and I will upload it for you all later.  She is doing a great job, though, and I am so proud of her!
Khloe is trying to relate to her Dad ... doing some accounting on the abacus. 
We had dinner at the Adams house one night this week ... someday, this close proximity between Mason and Khloe will not be encouraged!


Cole couldn't get enough of his sister!  He loves to talk to her and give her kisses.  He's such a good big brother.

Big smiles!


We gave Sissy a slice of cucumber last weekend to chew on.  She loved it!


Colton has been making me laugh so much lately.  He always says, "Yeah, I'd LOVE to!" Whenever I ask him if he wants to do something ... "Do you want to go to the park?" ... "Do you want to have corn for dinner?" ... "Do you want to see your friends?" ... "Do you want to run an errand with me?", etc. Or he'll say, "That's what I'm thinking about!"  If you ask him, "Colton what do you want for dinner.?"  He'll tell you what he wants, and then he'll follow it up with, "That's what I'm thinking about!"

At MOMs club this week, we had Kids in the Kitchen.  They made personal pizzas.  The kids enjoyed them.  We went to one of the Mom's houses, and her son has a cool motorized car.  He's a bit older than most of the kids (4 years), so he drove them all around the backyard.  It was pretty cute.  The older kids loved Khloe, and I found them all gathered around her at one point.  So cute!
Just talking to her and giving her kisses.
Colton's friend, Dase, drives him around in his jeep.
This week, Colton showed me just how big he's getting.  He wanted to get a drink all by himself, so he did ... and I saw this little boy reaching up with a big cup, getting water, and taking a big drink.  He did it, and he did a great job!  I'm so proud of him.  He's really growing quickly.  
I am amazed at how grown up he seems--probably because I'm at such a small stage with Khloe right now. He really is a good boy.  I'm pretty lucky!  

I started Jazzercise again this week.  The last time I did it was in Lincoln.  My job was right next to the Jazzercise place, so it was a great way to workout on the way home.  I haven't been able to find any Jazzercise places since (and I did not look the year I was teaching in MN) that has a schedule that fits with mine.  But there is one about 15-20 minutes away from the house that has a class on Tuesday and Thursday mornings that begins at 5:45 a.m.  Now, I have only been to one so far, but it was great! I am looking forward to my next class.  It was just as fun as I remembered.  What a great workout--and with kids, getting my workout over and done with by 6:45 a.m. is perfect!  

I have zero complaints about my kids' sleeping habits.  But Khloe has been on a strange one lately.  I know she is teething ... which can bring on so many challenges, but she has a weird way of showing it.  When she's awake ... she seems miserable ... crying, chewing on anything and everything in sight, uncomfortable, etc.  But this girl can sleep!  She woke up at 10:00 a.m. today (plus had two naps)--and she's in bed right now, asleep at her regular bedtime.  I think she feels better when she sleeps ... or maybe she's going through a growth spurt, too.  I don't know ... but that's what's happening here.  

Today, we met our friends, Duska and Landon, at the water park.  It was a beautiful day!  Very low humidity but hot enough to be at the water park.  It was great!  As I have said before, we will probably be at the water park a lot this summer.  Good thing both kids love it, and so do our friends!
This was last week with Mason and Landon, but I decided to throw it in here.  They are so cute!
Just playing in the water with friends.
This was last week, too ... but I love this picture!
This was today ... she had to wear Colton's hat, because I accidentally left hers at home.  Luckily, it's adjustable ... it worked well.
Loving the water
Colton played in the water all afternoon ... he just needed a breather.
Just being silly with Mommy!
I love this funny kid!
Enjoying some tasty peaches for lunch.
Splashing around with Mason.
Last Friday and this past Tuesday, we went berry picking.  On Friday, we went to a place that was a little ways north of us.  It was called JG Ranch.  They had blueberries and strawberries to pick.  They, also, sold fresh veggies from their own garden along with local honey and jam.  So, we picked a huge bucket of strawberries and just over half a bucket of blueberries.  The kids were pretty hot, so we couldn't pick as long as if we were alone (I went with two of my friends and their kids).  Colton LOVED the blueberry bushes, as usual.  He just ate and ate and ate.  He wasn't a fan of the love bugs that are all over Florida right now.  They were flying everywhere while we picked, and it was freaking him out.  He knows they are "nice" and won't hurt him, but he was still pretty scared of them.  They, also, had animals there.  There were cows, peacocks, and dogs.  The kids really liked the baby calf.  They got to touch its nose.  All in all, we got a lot of great produce.  Blueberries, strawberries, tomatoes, cucumbers, honey, and jam.  All of them were great!  I made a fresh blueberry pie and strawberry peach cobbler.  We shared them with our friends.  They were delicious!  
Picking strawberries and blueberries with my kiddos!
Khloe and me enjoying the strawberry picking ... she enjoyed grabbing all of the plants within her reach!
Blueberry picking!
Colton was having a great time picking blueberries!





Mason and Colton checked out the calf.
The spoils of our Friday trip ... fresh garden tomatoes, cucumbers, and two HUGE zucchinis.  Local honey and jam ... and of course, a ton of blueberries and strawberries.
Fresh blueberry pie and strawberry peach cobbler ... they were tasty!

On Tuesday, we went to pick blackberries.  Colton and I picked 5 pounds!  We ate a bunch of them, and then I flash-froze the rest.  I don't know what to make with them ... we have had too much dessert lately, so I decided to freeze them and figure that out later.  They are HUGE and really tasty!  It has been a good week for berry picking here in Florida!
Blackberries!  They are delicious!
Colton's prize blackberry!

Getting in there to help mommy pick.

We plan on visiting a train museum sometime this weekend.  I guess you go on the train ride--which is the museum, so you walk through the train cars as the ride happens.  It's an hour and half long.  Hopefully, it's good for kids!  Sounds fun to me. 

Here's a funny video of Khloe "talking".  She likes to curl her tongue like the letter 'J'.  She makes high pitched screams ... it makes me miss having a boy at this stage--they have much lower voices, but she is a talkative girl.  I would be surprised if she lets Colton do all of her talking.  Right now, she's really into "da-da-da-da".  Sometimes, she'll just say "da-da".  I hope she gets what she's saying.  I try to have her touch Billy's arm when she says it.  Then I try and try to get her to say "ma-ma" ... she's not interested ... they never are! 
 

Mother's Day is this weekend!  I am blessed in my life with my mom, grandmothers, mother-in-law, and step-mother.  I hope I can be as good of a mom to my kids, too.  Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment