Wednesday, May 30, 2012

8 months

8 months old
Khloe turned eight months old last week.  I am terribly upset about how fast this is all going, and mostly because it's blowing right by me!  The poor second child gets much less video, pictures, and overall attention.  I feel so badly about that ... I mean, she's eight months old already!

She is growing and making progress so much lately.  She's been rocking on her hands and knees.  She lunges forward ... and then army crawls everywhere.  This week, she's been crawling much like a dog with broken back legs.  She will get up on her hands (all the way up), and then she will move her arms and drag her feet ... not like army crawling ... like her legs just broke!  It's actually pretty cute.  She's, also, been pulling up on everything.  She wants so badly to keep up with Colton.  She tries and tries to chase after him or to play with him. I know as soon as she can really crawl fast or walk, she will be off to the races with him!
She is trying to crawl like a big girl.
Reading her book.
Up on those hands and knees.
She crawled all of the way over there from the family room where I am taking this picture.
She peeked at me from under this chair!
Colton joined her for a little play time on the floor.
She is eating "puffs" now ... which Colton really enjoyed when he was that age.  They basically melt in her mouth, but she can pick them up and put them in her own mouth.  She has really good fine motor skills. I just got a book in the mail last week that I ordered called "Super Baby Food".  I am excited to use some of their recipes for Khloe.  I am especially excited to make a super baby cereal recipe for her.  I think it will open her up to some more healthy foods ... and really, it will give Colton some healthier options for meals.  It has recipes, and it has guidelines for introducing foods to your kids.  I am looking forward to reading it more.

So, Cole had a rough week with falling down.  A couple of weekends ago, we were at the pool, and he was squatting at the edge reaching into the water.  He fell in head first and scraped his nose on the bottom.  He got a small pink bruise right on the bridge of his nose.  The very next day, he was pushing a little lawnmower toy on the driveway ... he tripped and fell.  He caught himself with his hands, but he had so much momentum that he still smashed his face on the cement ... scraping his nose and adding a huge scratch to the bruise that was already there!
Colton and his scratched up nose!
Poor guy!
It wasn't but a few days later that we were at the pool.  He was playing on a sunken step in the big pool.  I was holding Khloe and Colton was right behind me.  I was talking to another mom who was catching her daughter as she swam back and forth from the side of the pool.  Colton was walking along the sunken step.  I stood up for a moment and glanced behind me (I feel like angels made me do that), and I saw Colton under the water ... arms flailing for the surface.  He was just under the surface.  I raced over to him as fast as I could run through the water ... I was still holding Khloe.  I grabbed him under the arm and raised him out of the water.  He immediately cried.  No sputtering ... no water in the lungs ... but he was scared (and so was I).  He didn't realize that the sunken step ended, and he walked right off of it!  I was freaked out.  But it wasn't more than 15 minutes later, and he wanted to go back into the pool to play on the step.  I showed him where it ended and told him that he couldn't step over the blue line.  I didn't take my eyes off of him.  Billy and I have had him in swimming lessons before, but we feel like it's time to get him back into them.  Ah!  What a week of falls!

I took a few fun pictures of Khloe while we were at the pool last week.  She's too cute to pass up a little photo shoot!  I just love this strawberry swimming suit with the hat.



How can you not take a million pictures of that face!?!

I love this one!
I took Colton to get his hair cut last Thursday for Aunt Cherrie and Uncle Josh's wedding.  I usually cut his hair myself, but I thought it would be nice to have it done at a professional place for the wedding.  He loved it!  They had a train set to play with while he waited, and he got to watch Dora the Explorer while he got his hair cut.  He even got a sucker when it was all over.  I think I'll still cut his hair myself ... since the whole experience was way too expensive ... I mean, it was nearly 2/3 of what it costs to get my hair cut!  Yikes!  But one experience at the kids' salon was nice, I guess.
Loving the Thomas the Train table set.
Watching Dora while he gets his hair cut.
I just wanted to throw these pictures in here, because I think they are too cute! They had a little bath time together the night before we left for St. Thomas.
My cutie kiddos.
Both had the toys in their mouths ... I thought it looked funny!

As always, Colton has been cracking me up.  Here are some funnies from this past week:

He looked at Khloe who was chewing on one of his toys, and he said to her, "Don't chew on that, Khloe! That's rude!"


I bought Colton new summer sandals this week.  The first day that he wore them, I asked him, "Colton, do you like you're new shoes?"  He answered, "Uh, huh. Those are really sharp!"

No comments:

Post a Comment