Saturday, December 17, 2011

"But I love her!"

I often find Colton smothering Khloe. I know it's out of pure, genuine love, but it's so frustrating when your two year-old is squishing the life out of your three month-old. He loves her so much; it's incredible! I am so happy that he seems to care a lot about Khloe. He asks about her when she's not around ... insisting that I get her out of bed when she's down for a nap. When I hear Colton's voice pitch into a high falsetto, I know he's down in Khloe's face talking to her or giving her hugs and kisses or tickles. I usually find his fingers in her face or his lips on her eyeball! I found him this week laying across her face, talking in his high falsetto voice, saying "Hiiiii, Baby Khloe! How are you, Baby Khloe? Oh, Baby Khloe, I'm so sorry!" When I removed him and told him to "be careful", he looked at me and said, "But I love her!"
Joining her in the gym ... Colton always likes to lay with her in there. I think he likes it more now than he did when he was her age!
So much joy fills my heart to see him care so much. When I'm holding her, he will get up to her and squat down in her face with the sweetest look on his face to say 'hi' to her or to give her a kiss. He makes an awesome big brother, and I wouldn't have it any other way--minus the squishing, perhaps.

On Thursday, Billy went to a hockey game with our friend, Brian. I decided to be brave and give the kids both a bath at the same time. It went really well, and Colton had a lot of fun! He was so excited to be taking a bath with Khloe. It was a party in the tub.
Bath time together!


After I put Khloe to bed that night, Colton and I had a little Christmas party fun together ... just the two of us. I made us both some hot chocolate with marshmallows, and we watched "Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown!" It was so fun to sit on the ground with him and watch the movie while sipping his first hot chocolate ever. It was a special time for me to be hanging out with him without any other distractions. We'll have to do something like this more often.
Little Bud with his hot chocolate.


I finally got Colton to ride his bike this week. He has been in pushing mode for the past year. He wants to push everything around. He has two separate strollers, a fire truck, and many other objects that he finds to push around the house/neighborhood. We bought him a tricycle for his birthday, and so far, he only wants to push it around the neighborhood. Yesterday, I got him to ride it around the neighborhood while I pushed him. He'll learn to pedal soon enough, but for now, I find it a success that he even rode it around. Good job, Colton!

Last weekend, Billy and I went to his hospital Christmas party. It was a lot of fun! Our neighbor friend, Judy, watched the kids again. The party was held at the Tampa Museum of Art. It was fun to walk around all dressed up in the art museum, eating yummy food, and listening to the live band they hired. We had a great time, and it was nice to be out together without the kids.

Tonight, Billy is out with Brian again at a football game--the Bucs vs. the Cowboys. I enjoyed putting the kiddos to bed ... they both got baths, but separately this time. Khloe has been a complete angel lately. I have really enjoyed how fun she is awake now that she's getting older. She has been a fabulous sleeper for quite a while, so putting her down to bed was a breeze. Colton had a bubble bath in Mommy & Daddy's big bathtub before bed tonight. He liked playing with the bubbles. He's a good boy, too. I love spending time with my kids. Now, I am relaxing ... blogging ... and enjoying some quiet time. Next weekend will be hectic with our traveling to Oregon, but I will enjoy being with my Mom.

I think I'll go put my feet up for a while ...
Me with my girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment