Wednesday, December 7, 2011

two-year and two-month check-ups

Today, I took both kids to the doctor for their check-ups. It was a classic "kids hating the doctor" kind of day.

First, Colton went in for his two-year check. He did not want to go to see the doctor. He was happy to play with their toys, but when the nurse wanted to weigh him, he started to cry ... and never stopped. We finally got him weighed. Then it was on to measuring his height. I had to force hold him against the wall. He kept yelling, "No animals!" I guess this was because the height stick has animals on it. Then he asked over and over, "Open the big white door, please! I want to go out!" We left that room ... but not until the circumference of his head was measured. He let out some BIG cries for that one. It was terrible! Then we headed back to the other room to get some shots for Khloe. Colton kept asking to watch the "TV" ... which was actually not a TV at all but a big chalk board. When the doctor came in, he burst into tears and wouldn't stop crying. It was very hard for her to check his eye dilation and his ears. She did find out that he has an ear infection ... let's just say that is why he was being so bratty! (It could also be because last time he was at the doctor's office, he got a flu shot ... so maybe he was remembering that.) He was a big mess, and he told Daddy when he got home, "I went to the doctor, and I cried. I was sad." Poor guy! I hope next time isn't so bad.

Colton's Two-Year Stats:
Weight- 31 lbs. (85th percentile)
Height- 35 in. (50th percentile)
Head Circumference- 51 cm (95th percentile)
He's still going strong on that head! I guess having big heads on both sides of his family, he will probably never have a "small" or "normal" head size! The doctor said that she isn't worried, because of the large heads running in our family and because of his history of always having a large head. Also, she said she can tell by talking with him and watching him that he is really smart and doing just fine.
My cute Bud with his big laugh for the camera.
Such a big boy now!
Sweet smile!


Khloe had a great check-up. She did well for a two-month old. She cried a little bit, but it was the middle of what would be her first nap. Can you blame the girl for being sleepy? She fell asleep mid-check in my arms, but was rudely awakened by her two-month vaccines. She cried but recovered very quickly.

Khloe's Two-Month Stats:
Weight- 14 lbs. 3 oz. (95th percentile)
Height- 24 1/4 in. (83rd percentile)
Head Circumference- 41 1/2 cm (90th percentile)
She's rocking it out like her brother ... a little shorter, but overall, a healthy baby! Maybe that's why she's been sleeping through the night for the past week! Yay! I can officially say that my little one is sleeping through the night 8:30 p.m. to 8:00/8:15 a.m. We had nights for the two weeks prior to this past week where she would sleep through the night then other nights when she would wake up once. Now, she's officially sleeping through every night. I am definitely a happier Mommy ... and it has really helped my exercise routine. Since I'm getting good sleep--I'm also getting more exercise, and I'm feeling better. Love my girl!
Here's my big girl!

She's found her hands ... and apparently Mommy's hands, too.

1 comment:

  1. Love seeing all of the photos. They are both growing so quickly!

    ReplyDelete