Sunday, December 4, 2011

a visit to Santa ... and ... cole's first "real" haircut

This afternoon, we went to visit Santa Claus at International Plaza mall. Colton did really well. He was excited to go see Santa. I showed him the picture of him sitting on Santa's lap last year. Then when we saw him, I said, "Look, Colton! There's Santa! Are you going to sit on his lap?" He said, "Yeah!" So, he got up to Santa and said, "Merry Christmas, Santa!" Then he saw Khloe sit on one leg, so he let me put him up on the other leg. Then he was just fine taking several pictures with Santa. When he was finished, Santa gave him a book. He said, "Thank you, Santa!" It went really well. I was very glad for that. Khloe did well, too. She didn't even cry once! What a nice time visiting Santa. We, also, got some good Christmas shopping done today. It was a full day at the mall with Gwendy and Mason.
Waiting with our friends, Gwendy and Mason, to see Santa!
Khloe and Colton with Santa! They both did a great job.
Playing at the mall after visiting with Santa.


Tonight, we cut Colton's hair for the first time. I am SO sad! It was tough for me to cut off the hair he has had since he was born. But I know he looks much better without his hair flying in the wind. I may have to let it grow back ... just to see if the curls remain. He looks like such a little man now. He's growing up so fast! I officially hate his hair cut. I think it's too short. I shouldn't have cut it as much as I did. I'm definitely going to let it grow back in. I miss his long hair and curls. I'm not a fan of this hair cut at all! The only part of it that I'm glad is gone are his curly wings that used to fly out above his ears.
See his beautiful hair!?! All of those lovely curls. What was I thinking?
We had him sit in just his diaper watching 'Finding Nemo'.
A sweet curl I snipped off.
This is where I should've stopped. I just should have trimmed a few pieces and left it this long.
So much is gone! Almost done.
Look at all of the hair on his back! Ha, ha!
The wad of his hair before I swept it up. Isn't there a lot of hair here!?!
Some views of the final product hair cut. I don't like it! I miss his luscious, curly hair!!!
With the hair cutter ... Mommy, who regrets the hair cut, because she misses her little boy.


Last night, I had an official 'Girls' Night Out' with my friend Gwendy. We let our husbands put the kids to bed while we went out to have dinner and do some shopping. It was really nice not having to worry about kids being quiet or taking them in and out of the car wherever we went. I had a great time! I didn't even come back until 11:00 p.m. It was fabulous! I think we're going to do it again next week ... we're going to try to see a movie.

Last week, we got some presents for the kids from my Dad & Rose for Christmas (and Billy and Colton's birthday gifts). One of the presents couldn't be wrapped, so we got to see it early. It is this beautiful step stool for Khloe! Isn't it so cute? I had never gotten around to making one for Khloe like I did for Colton. It's just adorable, and I know Khloe will cherish it forever.

So, we baked and decorated some Christmas cookies on Sunday night. This was Colton's first official decorating session. He did okay ... he tried to eat a spoonful of icing! He loves Christmas cookies as much as his Dad! It's a fun tradition that both Billy and I shared with our families, and it's nice to continue it on with our children. Colton spilled a bunch of sprinkles onto his tray ... and then he couldn't concentrate, he just wanted to pick up and eat the sprinkles. He got to have one cookie ... and then it was off to bed. It was a lot of fun to decorate with him. Next year, Khloe will be able to join in on the fun!
He's stirring the frosting to get the color to mix.
Taking a bite to see if it's yummy.
Ready to frost this reindeer cookie!
A little red frosting.
Some sprinkles ... they went everywhere!
Tasting the masterpiece cookie!
Another bite.
Some final cookies.


Well, I'm off to do my Jillian Michael's DVD ... didn't get around to it until tonight with all of my mall adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment