Sunday, December 18, 2011

count my blessings

You know ... as Billy woke me up this morning (and not my kids), I realized how blessed I am to have very similar sleepers ... who similarly sleep like their Mommy & Daddy. While not every morning do I have to wake them up, it's nice to have a morning here and there, where I get to walk into their rooms to rouse them for the day. This glorious Sunday morning, at 9:00 a.m., I am listening to the sweet, soft sounds of the trees rustling outside and the breeze blowing through the open window. I have no crying ... no waking kids ... no noise except that and the subtle clicking of the keys as I type. Thank you, Lord, for the blessing of my children, and the odd day where they sleep in and give me a chance to wake comfortably and sleep in just a bit, too. I love 9:00 a.m.! It's the best part of Sunday morning. Now, off to wake them up ...

No comments:

Post a Comment