Tuesday, February 21, 2012

5 months

Khloe is five months old today! These months are just flying by. I feel like I just had her, and now, she's rolling over and spinning around on her tummy. She rolled over from her tummy to her back yesterday. I watched her do it this time. (I'm sure she did it at the beginning of last week, because she ended up too far away from where she started not to have done so ... but I didn't actually see it.) On Sabbath, she began spinning in circles on her tummy. She starts in one spot and rotates to the right until she's back where she started. It's fun to see her becoming mobile. I'm sure she'll be crawling before I know it! It's exciting and sad all at once. It's sad to see her growing up so quickly, but it's, also, exciting to know she's becoming more independent and moving closer to being at an age where she can play with Colton.

I'm not sure if Khloe is going through a growth spurt or not, but she is sleeping an awful lot lately. For the past five days, she has been taking LONG naps. I have to keep waking her up ... which is unusual. She is usually pretty clockwork. But she has been sleeping for 3 hour naps, and I still have to wake her ... and she still sleeps through the night. I really think she must be going through a growth spurt. I'm not complaining ... it's just a weird thing that started last Friday.

I am excited to start making her baby food this month. It'll be exciting to feed her in a month. I say that ... but I, also, know how convenient it is to only have to feed her milk right now. Once the food starts, feeding time is much more complicated and busy ... but it's fun, too. I remember being so excited to feed Colton food ... and then I realized that it was easier to just give him milk! Oh, well ... I just want to see how she'll like it.

She has been so vocal lately. She gurgles and goos and coos. She is a little chatter box. I love to hear her happily playing or talking to me when I change her diaper or clothes. She's such a happy baby. I've been really blessed with two laid back, happy kiddos. I love them both so much!

Happy 5 months, Khloe!
Khloe with her tiny cherry pie to celebrate ... Daddy wanted pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment