Sunday, February 12, 2012

where, oh, where has the weekend gone?

I wasn't planning on going back to Orlando this weekend, but at the last minute, Billy thought it would be a good idea to bring the kids and me along with him. We got up to Orlando on Friday night just before 7:00 p.m. Of course, we hit traffic along the way. I-4 is usually hit or hit on traffic, so I don't know why I'm surprised when we run into it along the way. We had a nice supper with Billy's family. As I said before, his sister, Debbie, and her daughter, Elle, were visiting from Lincoln, so it was nice to see them, too. After dinner, the kids all rolled around, cruised around, or ran around (respectively) in their diapers. They all had a grand time. Khloe is rolling over quite a bit ... and getting stuck, of course! So, I had to sit next to her so I could help her get back over. As soon as I would lift my hand off of her, she would roll back onto her tummy. This is a neverending game for her. Caleb and Elizabeth were very gracious and allowed us to crash in on them last minute.

I woke up to some beautiful weather on Sabbath! Cool and breezy! Yesterday and today have been fabulous. They tell me it will be hot again by Valentine's Day, but this weekend was a real gift to me. We went to church and Sabbath School at Markham. It was so fun to see friends there with their kids. I miss Markham's Sabbath School so much! Lunch was at Brenda's house, and we got to see a bunch of family. Aunt Elaine and Uncle Tom were there, as well as, Jan, Caleb and Elizabeth, Mom & Dad H, Debbie & Elle, and Brenda & Ethan. We didn't get to stay too long, but it was still a nice visit.
Grandma and Grandpa Heinrich with all four of their grandkids ... Colton (2 years), Elle (10 months), Khloe (4 1/2 months), and Ethan (10 days).
A silly one ... I love the look on Cole's face.


I finally finished Ethan's blanket this week. This is my third blanket made for a niece or nephew. (And my fourth completed blanket overall.) I had a little bit of a rough time with the binding ... and had to make my own binding to cover over the store-bought binding mess, but all in all, it turned out really well! I really like the colors of the fabric. My "pop" colored fabric is my favorite. I think this one turned out well.

Saturday night, we went to the Adams' house for a welcome home party for baby Carson. It was fun to hang out with all of our friends there. Gwendy's mom makes some mean Filipino food! I thought Emma Ornopia made the best Filipino food in the world (and she does), but Gwendy's mom's food is a good rival. It is so delicious! I can't help having seconds (or thirds). We played some fun games ... candy bar in the diaper game, celebrity baby match, and who can down the juice from the baby bottle the fastest ... I actually won celebrity baby match! I never win. I always miss someone, and this time, I got all of them right! Billy came in second place on the baby bottle juice game. It was fun to have all of the kids there playing together, too. Gwendy's sister was even there with her baby girl, Khloe. It was a lot of fun! (And there was a lot of yummy food!) I made a diaper cake for the first time for the party. I have never made one before, but it turned out pretty good (toot, toot). I was pretty pleased with my handy work! I'm very thankful for youtube ... where I watched a video on how to make one!
Cute little Landon was dancing away to the music at the party.
Colton got pretty snuggly with Daddy ... I guess he had a long day, too.
This is Carson's room. Isn't it so cute!?! I love the frog theme.
These are the cakes I got for the shower. Didn't they turn out cute? It's a frog ... obviously, but the other one is a lily pad (even though it kind of looks like a putting green).
This is the delicious food! There was even a chocolate fountain.
Mr. Mason sneaks a marshmallow off of the chocolate fountain table. The kids did this all night long--they were wired!


This morning, we tried to take it easy. We had some breakfast, and then I cleaned up inside while Billy cleaned up outside. This afternoon, we went to a birthday party for one of our pastor's daughter. She turned two a few weeks after Colton, but they had a lot going on these past few months. So, they just had her party today.

We had a busy, busy weekend, but we had a lot of fun, too. Lately, Colton has been using a lot of similies. He says, "I'm like a silly boy." or "I'm like a slippery boy." (When he's sliding on the floor in his socks.) It sure makes us laugh! When we come into the house, and it's dark inside. He'll say to himself. "It's dark and scary! What should I do? I know! I'll turn on the lights!" I told Billy that he does that every time it's dark, and Billy said that's because it's the conversation he has with Billy every time they go into the back bedroom at night. So, now he uses it whenever he's in a "dark" situation and needs lights to be turned on! I love that kid!

Have a great start to your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment