Saturday, February 18, 2012

"just thin it out on the sides"

I finally got a haircut on Thursday. I haven't had a haircut since before Khloe was born .... nearly 5 months ago! I liked the last haircut I had, because it was shorter than usual, but still just below the shoulders (or just at them). The back had some layering and the front was just a bit more blunt. The cut looked good curly or straight, so I really liked it. When I went to this salon ... Aveda salon (where I thought I would be okay, because they're supposed to hire 'better' stylists) ... I asked for a Master or Designer Stylist (so not a newbie). She was super nice and seemed to feel what I was talking about. She said she has curly hair, too, so she knows how to cut it ... blah, blah, blah. The shampoo was great, because she massaged my hands ... but I didn't get the scalp and shoulder massage I have had at other Aveda Salons (oh, well ... the hands were good). She started cutting, and we had lots to talk about. She was easy to talk to, and she was super chatty. When she was nearly done (I thought), she asked me if I had 10 minutes, so she could start the next lady on her gloss. I had Mom H at home with the kids, so I said, "sure!" At this point, I loved my hair cut. It was exactly as I had described, and it was exactly what I had asked for. I didn't know why she wasn't quite done yet.
What I liked, and where I wish she would've stopped cutting!
She came back and explained that she wanted to "just thin it out on the sides" a bit more. So, I said, "okay." 10 minutes later, she turns me back to the mirror, and I have a TOTALLY DIFFERENT hair cut. It was 2 inches shorter with little short pieces all over. Now, I did ask for a long bob (and I probably shouldn't have used the word 'bob'), but COME ON! Suddenly my longish bob with longish bangs turned into a short bob with very short bangs ... what is a mother of two supposed to do with small, short pieces of hair!?! And if you know me, you know that my hair in humidity (FLORIDA HUMIDITY) will just curl up like Annie's. She must've gone back for a smoke and a pancake then came back all Edward Scissorhands on me.
The finished disaster ... and like I said, it's not hideous, but it's NOT what I asked for, either.
It's not that the hair cut is hideous ... though, I haven't tried it curly, and to be honest, I think that will be a mess. I don't think I have the right texture of hair for this kind of cut. Especially in the humidity ... what was this lady thinking!?! Needless to say, I will never go back there again. Just when I thought she "got me" ... and I thought I had found my new stylist ... she turned into Wolverine and cut my hair like Dudley Moore.

On a happier note, Mom and Dad H have been visiting with us since Wednesday night. They came down from Orlando just in time for supper. Dad H built us a shoe shelf in the garage, and it works wonderfully! I went to get my hair cut on Thursday, and on Friday I found out that the video card in our old Macbook Pro is shot. So, at least we can still get all of our information off of the computer when we eventually buy a new one. Friday night, Arden and Barb Hagele visited with us for dinner. Brenda, Gerson, and Ethan, also, came down, so we had a full house for Friday supper. I made potato soup and homemade rolls. We had carmel rolls and strawberry shortcake for dessert.

It's been a busy week here, but I like it when there is a lot to do. Mom and Dad H will leave on Monday morning to head back to Minnesota. They've nearly been gone two months, so I know they are itching to get back to their house. We'll see them again in Utah, as they will be coming to help watch the kids for our work/ski trip.
I love this guy!
Sweet Dolly
Khloe and her weird positions.
Me with my little doll baby


I'll leave you with what Colton said before his nap today. When I asked him if he was ready to go take a nap, he said (in a very sleepy, whiny voice), "Nooooo! I want my birthday!"

No comments:

Post a Comment