Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Some of the goods.
We had a great Valentine's here at the Heinrich house. The kids are both getting over their colds, and they took super great naps today. Both took a 3-hour afternoon nap! It was wonderful for me. While they slept, I made a super fudgy, rich, and delicious heart-shaped brownie for Billy (wink, wink) for Valentine's Day. I got the recipe from a friend who got it from another friend who got it from a bakery in Brooklyn. It is amazing! I don't know if I'll ever make another type of brownie again. Billy picked up our favorite Thai food for dinner. I love red curry and panang. We had a little homemade picnic with the kids. Billy brought home a dozen roses for me and some rich 72% dark chocolate. He gave me some workout clothes for my gift ... by my request. I have been working out quite a bit lately, and I thought it would be nice to have some new duds to work out in. I bought him a video game for his XBox that he has been wanting--Call of Duty: MW3. He hasn't had a chance to play it yet.
The delicious brownie ... simply decadent.
Mmmmm ... Thai food.


All in all, it was a really good Valentine's ... and even though, we've had fancier, been in more exotic places, and gone out to celebrate many Valentine's days in the past, this was, by far, the happiest with our two little ones alongside us helping us to celebrate the love that we share in our happy home.
My little Valentines!
My funny Valentine ...


Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment