Friday, February 3, 2012

"I forgot!"

Colton's newest phrase is, "I forgot!" He says that about everything ... even things where it doesn't make any sense. I don't know where he picked it up. Maybe I say that a lot ... I don't know. But I do know that he has said it at least four times just today. After his nap, I asked him if he'd like a drink of water. He came in from the room where he was playing and said, "Oh! I forgot!" And he grabbed the cup to take a drink. Later, I asked him to pick up his trucks and cars. He immediately got up to pick them up and said, "I forgot! I forgot, Mommy!" Silly guy.

Today on our walk to the park, Colton found a piece of sidewalk chalk abandoned by some poor child. I told him to put it in his cart to play with it when we got home. After we played at the park for a while, we headed back home. I told Colton to go get the chalk. I showed him how it worked, and he LOVED it!!!! He helped me to spell his name. Then he asked me how to spell Daddy's name, Mommy's name, and Khloe's name. He wrote all over the driveway. Now, I'm going to have to buy him a bucket of sidewalk chalk. He liked it so much!

As I mentioned above, Cole has learned to spell his name. Here's a video to enjoy:


Sometimes, this kid just melts my heart. We were watching Dumbo during one of Khloe's naps this week, and when it came to the part where Dumbo goes to visit his Mom who is locked up ... then it pans to lots of animals with their Mommies ... Colton makes a sweet sound and says, "I love MY Mommy, too!" Then he got up and crawled up next to me and snuggled me for the rest of the movie. I will never forget that moment. He's super sweet about his Daddy, too. He didn't get to see much of Billy for the first half of the week. Billy had to work late, went to a hockey game, and drove up to see his nephew in the hospital. So, every day, Colton would say to me, "Mommy, I'm sad. I miss my Daddy." He's such a sweet and sensitive boy.

So, Khloe learned to roll over on Monday ... she rolled to her left from her back to her tummy. Today (Friday), she learned how to roll to her right from her back to her tummy. She is just growing way too quickly! I love it, and I hate it. With growth comes ... easier sleeping, easier eating, easier play time--uh ... easier everything. But as a newborn, everything was tiny and new ... and sweet ... and baby, baby, baby. I miss that already, and she's only 4 months old! But I am loving our schedule. Since she was just over 2 months old, my schedule just clicked into place. I have really been enjoying the kids lately ... and all that goes along with being a parent of two little ones. There are definitely things to love about life as our kids grow ... but I don't know if I want this current stage to go away!

We're headed to Orlando this weekend to see the new baby. We'll leave on Sunday morning and spend the day up there. Superbowl party at Caleb and Elizabeth's house. I'm excited, because we're going to stop at the outlets on the way up to Orlando. We need to get snow suits, coats, etc. Surprisingly, they don't sell those things at regular athletic stores here in FL ... not really surprisingly. If we can't find them at the outlets, we'll have to order them online. Oh, well ... it will be fun to look for them!

I took some pictures of Khloe this week. I guess you could call these her 4 month pictures. I know I'll get better ... and it will help when she gets a bit older and can at least do more than lay on the ground! But here's a preview of what I came up with. (It will take me too long to post all of the pictures I like right now ... especially because I'll have to edit them, too.) She's just too cute! I love this girl so much.

Here's the delicious meal I made for dinner tonight. It's navy bean soup with homemade biscuits. It was pretty tasty!

I'm so glad it's the Sabbath, and Billy is home for the weekend! We missed not having him around too much this past week. I did get to get my craft on this past week, and that was really fun! I hope to be able to do more this spring. Happy Sabbath!

No comments:

Post a Comment