Sunday, January 29, 2012

good to be back

We went to church at Markham woods in Orlando this past Sabbath. It felt so good to be back! It was especially great, because Pastor Coffin was preaching (since he moved on to a new position outside of the church last November). It made it a very special and wonderful Sabbath. I haven't had such a good church service in months. It was, also, nice to see the cousins. We haven't seen Caleb, Elizabeth, and Jan since Thanksgiving, so it was nice to visit with them, as well.

We had a delicious meal provided to us at Brenda's house by Brenda and Grandma H. It was very nice to have a meal that I didn't have to cook! That made it feel like a truly relaxing Sabbath. Colton and Khloe both had good naps that afternoon, too. So, it was really nice. We had a good visit with everyone. There's still no baby, but her due date is on Tuesday ... so I suppose-technically-she has a couple of more days. It seems like all is ready for the baby, though. It always makes for a long day when you drive up to Orlando in the morning and back home that night, but it's nice to visit with family. We'll be doing it again here soon when Baby Araujo arrives.
Khloe and Grandpa Heinrich ... she was wondering who was behind her!
Khloe with Aunt Brenda.
Everyone playing a Bible game together.
Billy with his Dad and the kids.
Grandma with the kiddos.


Today, Billy and I are going to go shopping to look for some ski pants/coats to invest in for our annual ski trip beginning this March. I have never skied before, so I will be taking a couple of days of morning lessons this year. I will probably also be staying on the small hills! I'm nervous, but I think I should get the hang of it pretty quickly. It will be nice to have Grandpa and Grandma H there to help watch the kids when we go skiing. We're acutally going to be up there for Billy's work meetings ... we'll be going to Utah ... Deer Valley Lodge in Park City, UT. I'm excited!

We're, also, looking for new bikes and a bike trailer to tote the kids around in. We'll take a look at Dick's Sporting Goods, but we may have to buy something online. We'll see. Hopefully, we can find something that we like, because Billy has discovered a really great bike trail here ... and it's close to our house! I think that will be a great Sabbath afternoon activity.

I better go get ready to head out shopping! Here are some cute pictures of the kids we took this week.
This is how Colton rolls in the car now ... arms back ... watching Veggie Tales (courtesy of Aunt Stephanie and Uncle Andy!).
Khloe is learning to hold her own bottle. She's always getting her hands in the way anyway, so I thought I'd teach her to hold on to it instead. She's doing so good!
Our future baseball player having fun wearing a baseball glove. He liked it a lot!
After we went shopping, we took Colton to get a treat. He liked to feed himself ... and feed us, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment