Friday, January 27, 2012

"Hi, Baby Princess!"

I heard the usual falsetto cooing coming from the family room, and I knew Colton must be in there talking to Khloe. He just loves his baby sister! I walked in to find him giving her some kisses. He said, "Hi, Baby Princess! How are you?" Sometimes, that kid gets me in the funny bone. He is so cute! He woke up from his nap this afternoon, and he told me, "Mommy, I go pick Khloe up and rock her. I give her lots of BIG kisses!" He is obsessed with feeding her lately. He really wants to hold the bottle when I feed her. If he can't do it, he will cry and "run away" ... which is his thing when he gets frustrated. He'll say, "Run away!" ... and he'll take off to somewhere until he's distracted or forgets why he ran away in the first place.
Brother's don't shake hands. Brothers gotta hug!
And give kisses.
Colton playing with his cars. His favorite pastime!
Khloe ... taking a moment to chew on one of Cole's cars.
Khloe just enjoying some tummy time.


Speaking of running away. Colton got into big trouble this week. Khloe, Colton, and I were going out for a walk. Colton got his Mater to push around the block, and I was getting Khloe ready and shutting the garage door. I yelled to Colton to stop and wait for Mommy. He ran a little farther down the sidewalk. I said, "Colton! Stop, please. Mommy has to shut the garage door." He took off as fast as his little feet could carry him. So, I ran as fast as I could ... and I still didn't catch him until he was nearly two houses away! Well, needless to say some little boy got a spanking and walked back to the house until he said 'sorry'. I told him that he could not go on walks without Mommy or Daddy. It was very naughty to run away when Mommy said to 'stop'--he told Daddy later that night that he was "very naughty" and had a "spanking" because "Mommy said to stop, but I ran away!" That little rascal!

Khloe has been trying so hard to roll over. She cranks her head back and grunts. She gets her face turned all of the way over, but she just can't kick that leg over to roll. It's really cute to watch her try ... but also, a little frustrating. I want to roll her myself, but I know she needs to try on her own. That's how she works those muscles and gets the hang of it! Just love this girl!
She's almost there! Just have to kick that leg over.


She had such a giggly bathtime the other night. She was just having a blast, and she gave me some fun laughing pictures. It was fun to see how excited she can get when she's having fun! I love to hear her giggle. She opens her mouth so wide, too. When she smiles, laughs, or when you get near her mouth, she will open it up as big as she can. It cracks me up! We're so blessed to have another little dear with such a sweet personality.
Isn't this the cutest giggle face!?! What a doll!


Some exciting news! Our friend, Gwendy Adams, had her baby this week! On Tuesday, Carson Luke Adams was born ... weighing 9 lbs and measuring 22 inches long. Big brother, Mason, was so excited to hold him. I'm not sure he realized that the baby was going to be going home with him, but he liked him well enough at the hospital! Carson is so cute and tiny. It's hard to believe how fast they grow. Holding Carson makes me realize how quickly Khloe has grown.

Colton has missed having Grandpa and Grandma Heinrich around this week. One day he wanted to get down from eating, so he could go find Grandpa. Billy had to explain that he wasn't here. Even though, Colton went looking anyway. He'll have fun visiting with them on Sabbath when we go to Orlando.

On Wednesday night, my friend, Duska, and I went to eat at a super yummy cafe here in Tampa called Ella's Folk Art Cafe. It was very delicious, and it was really fun to be out with a friend. Billy took over bedtime routines with both kids to allow me some free time. It was very nice of him. I'm excited to take him to this cafe sometime. There's another cute place to eat near this cafe called Taco Bus. Duska and I want to try that soon! Sounds delish!

I got the "illness" going around this week. The kids finally gave it to me ... my body has finally failed me. I held up really well for so long, but that cough the kids have finally transferred to me. I have been coughing pretty badly for the past 3 days. It's worse at night and in the morning, but it's driving me nuts! Khloe has gotten much better--I don't hear her coughing at all anymore. Colton is coughing a little bit still ... and I'm still pretty bad (again ... at night and in the morning). Luckily, Billy hasn't gotten it yet, and hopefully, he won't. We're ready to be germ free in this house!

Tomorrow, we are heading to Orlando to visit Markham Woods, and then we will go to Brenda's house for lunch and visiting during the afternoon. Still no baby there, and I know how hard and frustrating it can be when you just want your baby to arrive ... but from experience, I hope she holds on and cherishes her last few moments of kid-free living, because even though having a kid is one of the best experiences of your life ... it's rough, tiring, and busy--and you have no idea how free life was until you have another life to look out for. I'm excited to meet him! Another little guy ... babies are so cute.

Well, I'm off to relax a little bit. Happy Sabbath!

No comments:

Post a Comment