Wednesday, October 5, 2011

accomplished

Today, I made my first outing with the two kids. It wasn't that big of a deal to most, but to me, it was my FIRST outing ... and it was a huge deal! Khloe and Colton both had a doctor's appointment. Khloe had her two week check-up. It went really well. She's gained more than her birth weight back. She's up to 9lbs. 7 oz. The doctor was pleased with that amount of weight gain. She said that Khloe looked great, and she wouldn't need to see her again until her 2 month well-check. Colton had his flu shot. He was such a good boy! He didn't even cry. He whined a bit, but overall, he really was a great boy at the doctor's office. I was so proud of him! Both kids will go back for well-checks on December 7th ... the 2-month and 2-year well-checks. I can't believe I'll have a two-year old in just 2 months! Wow! He's getting to be so big. Because Colton did such a great job today, I took him through the Starbucks drive-through and got him a cake pop as a treat. He really enjoyed it, and it was well deserved.

This past week has been pretty good. Khloe is getting on to a good schedule. And for the most part, only wakes up two times during the night ... until last night ... when she hit her first growth spurt! I had to wake up every two hours (really one and half once feeding ended) to feed her from 2 to 9 am. Yuck! (Well, actually 2 am then 5 am ... then every two hours all morning long!) It was long, and I assume it will be the same this morning. It will probably be a couple of days of this before she gets over the brunt of her growth spurt. I've forgotton about how much I hate these growth spurts! I told Billy that the things I disliked the most about having a newborn are the things I have totally forgotton about until I run into them with Khloe. I guess you put the bad memories out of your mind!

Last weekend, we just hung out here at the house. We have been pretty exhausted, and with me still healing from the surgery, it was nice to relax. We did go over to our friends' house on Saturday night to watch a little baseball and have dinner. It's nice having the Adams' so close to us in the neighborhood. We did get to some garage sales, and I got a few items for the house. All in all, we spent about $30, and we got some great things. I love garage sales!

This weekend, we are flying out of town to Kansas City to go to my sister's wedding. It will be a hectic weekend ... and a lot for a lady who just had a baby--via c-section--just two weeks ago, but I think it will all be okay. We fly to KC on my Dad's birthday, and we fly back on my birthday! A weekend of weddings and birthdays. Sounds like fun! Colton has a cute little suit for the wedding--since he's the Bible Boy.
Isn't he so cute!?! I love how he looks like such a big boy.


Khloe had a little photo shoot this week. I feel like I've been so busy that I haven't taken very many pictures. Well ... maybe because I took 100 pictures of Colton each day when he was first born! I guess the second kid gets a bit gyped that way. I just love to look at this kid, and I hope you guys enjoy her pictures, too. I love the picture of her with Colton ... because this is how he looks at her all of the time. He loves to tickle her feet and gaze at her. I love it!
Big brother love.
This picture cracks me up! She can make the strangest faces. A face only a mother could love. Ha, ha!



No comments:

Post a Comment