Thursday, October 13, 2011

wedding weekend

Since our computer has bit the dust, I find that I don't blog quite as often. I have access to a computer every day ... well, every evening, but I just don't use Billy's computer like I used our home computer. So, I find that my blogs are few and far between. I will try to be better at keeping up with this while we wait to buy another home computer.

This past weekend, we were in Kansas City for my sister's wedding. It was pretty tricky flying to KC only two weeks after having a c-section with our second baby. Plus, not sure it was really very smart to fly with a newborn ... airplanes breed sickness, and newborns have the worst immune system ... nothing built up, yet. I was worried about her ears, too, but all seemed to go well on each flight. It was tough having two kids to contain. Billy basically took care of Colton, and I was in charge of Khloe. It was a lot to handle, but Khloe did really well. She slept for most of the flights up to KC. The first one, she fought around with me a little bit, but it was a short flight. The second flight from Atlanta to Kansas City, she slept almost the whole way up. The worst part was getting to KC and realizing that our bags were left behind in Tampa and wouldn't arrive until late the next day! That kept us stuck in the house all day on Sabbath. We did get a nice visit from my Aunt Gina and Uncle Kenny. They had never even met Colton, so it was a nice treat to meet Cole and Khloe. It was a super birthday weekend for us.

The day we arrived, it was my Dad's 59th birthday. And the day we left, it was my 31st birthday. We celebrated with pizza and my Dad made chocolate chip cookies (which really is the best gift of all). It was nice to spend our birthdays together.

On Saturday night, we went to rehearsal. Colton was plumb tuckered out! It took about two to three hours at the church, and Cole was exhausted and overtired. He threw a huge fit at the end of the night and crashed into bed when we got back to my Dad's house. Everyone enjoyed seeing Khloe, and it was nice to have some people hold her for a while.

On Sunday, Billy and I took the kids to see my Mom and Michael at my sister's house in the morning. It was good to see them for a little bit. My Mom was watching Madison, so it was fun for Colton and Madison to play a little bit ... even if they didn't want to share with each other.

By Sunday evening at 5:30 pm, we were all at Powell Gardens in MO to start taking pictures for the wedding. It was a fabulous location, and we had amazing weather! My sister looked so beautiful! The wedding went really well. Colton ended up walking down the isle with me, and Maddie came flying down the isle yelling for "Daddy!". It was too cute! The wedding ceremony was lovely, and the reception was great, too! The food was delicious, and the decor was so tasteful. It was late into the night, but it was really a very wonderful wedding to be a part of. We are happy to have Dan and Zion in our family (officially) now.

All in all, it was a great weekend. The only downfall ... I was so busy, I didn't take ANY pictures at the wedding! How terrible am I!?! I hope to get pictures from other people, and of course, Dana will get all of the professional pictures, so I can steal some of those! Ha, ha! I am so mad at myself, but it's rather hard to think about taking pictures while dealing with a newborn every few hours. Anyway, I'll post some wedding pictures as soon as I get some off of other people's websites, emails, etc. Well, I did get one or two pictures at the very, very end of the night. Colton was dancing with his second cousin, Paityn.
Aren't they so cute? I love it. Colton was really gettin' down!
Billy even caught it on video! Take a look. He's having a great time ... WAY past his bedtime! We couldn't believe he was up this late and had this much energy.


Also, I got a few photos of the bride with her new niece, and my cousin, Traci with Paityn and Khloe. Other than that ... I did a terrible job at the wedding!
Khloe with Aunt Dana--the beautiful bride!

Traci, Paityn, and Khloe


I, also, got a few pictures during the weekend of Grandpa and Grandma Reynolds with Khloe (and Colton, of course).
Grandma Reynolds with Khloe and Colton

Grandpa Reynolds with his granddaughter, Khloe ... for the first time


My Mom got some on her camera of Khloe with Grandpa and Grandma Bourland. I'm going to have to get copies of those! I'll post them when I do.

Yesterday, I watched Mason for Gwendy. She had to go to a doctor's appointment--the 1 hour glucose test appointment. So, we had a fun time with Mason at the house. Colton and Mason pushed and pushed the stroller and push cart around the back porch. They had a lot of fun together!

Last night after supper, Billy let Colton watch a little bit of the Lion King. I found the DVD at Goodwill for $3. It's pretty scratched up, and it won't play some of the time. But you can watch some of the movie. Colton LOVES it! He just lays down and watches it. It's so cute to see him lounging!
Isn't he cute ... just hanging out?


Right before we left for KC, I put up some more fall decor. I added the wreaths my Mom bought me for my birthday to the front doors of the house. I think they look great! I want to replace the flowers in the pots on the porch with mums. I think those are more "fall-type" flowers.

Today, I realized that I haven't been taking nearly enough photos of Khloe. I am going to try to take more of her with Colton, too. Here are a few of her from today. She was doing a great job with tummy time today. She held her head up several times for several minutes at a time. She moves it back and forth--side to side. I'm very proud of her!

I'll have to make sure to get some more pictures of my sister's wedding. I feel terrible about that! And I will try to get more pictures of Khloe. I think Brenda and Gerson are coming out on Sabbath, so it will be nice to visit with them a little bit. And on Sunday, we are going to our neighborhood block party. That will be nice for us. We'll get to meet more of our neighbors! We have a full weekend, but it will be nice.

Keep posted for more pictures ... possibly this weekend. And pray that the newborn continues to improve on her sleep schedule--as all moms of newborns pray and hope for!

No comments:

Post a Comment