Monday, October 24, 2011

my one-month girl


This is Khlobert's (sounds like Khlobear ... but spelled like Colbert ... get it? Oh, well.) first month growth picture. She is changing and changing. We have had some successes in the sleep department. Last night, she was so hungry when I put her to bed that she ate 6 ounces! She then slept until 4 am! Yay! She is going down for naps and bedtime so well. I am hoping by Thanksgiving that she will be close to sleeping through the night, but Christmas is my ultimate goal.

Today, Cole, Khloe, and I went to the park together. Sissy basically slept the whole time ... which was great ... and Cole and I played together on the slides. It was a much needed Mommy & Son time. I really tried to focus on Colton today, and I think that helped him to have a much, much better day than this weekend. I am going to have to put a lot more effort into giving him attention these next few weeks to see if that will help his struggling attitude/behavior. I think he is really having a hard time with all of the changes in his life right now, and then to have Mommy paying all of this attention to Baby Sissy and not to him ... I think he's not sure how to handle that. The park was fun, though, and I think Colton had a great time. I know I did!

This evening, we went to get Billy a new suit and to buy him a tuxedo. There was a great sale going on, so he got some good deals on the whole thing. A brand new tuxedo for 80% off and a brand new brown suit for 70% off. Colton pointed to a leather jacket and said, "I like it! I like this!" Then he proceeded to zip the zipper up and down on the jacket. I think he just likes zippers. After Billy got his new threads, we went for a walk around Wiregrass Mall. It's an outdoor mall ... like the plaza--only not as large. It was a gorgeous evening out, so the walk was really nice.

I love it when Billy gets home at night. I wish he could stay home with us all day! It just feels better when he's here. I did get to take a nap today. That was really nice. I need to make sure I do that every day.

I am excited, because I can start to exercise in about a week and half. I am ready to start some DVDs! I want to get this Pilates DVD that focuses on women after a c-section. We'll see if I get that one. Hopefully, once Khloe starts sleeping through the night, I can get up early and start running again. Plus, once she's 3 months old, I can leave her at the gym daycare with Colton ... well, then I'd have to join the gym. So, I guess I'll assess that after Christmas.

Better go spend some time with Billy ... goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment