Sunday, October 21, 2012

games, games, games


We have been pretty lucky these past couple of weekends.  Our family has been able to go to TWO football games at Raymond James Stadium.
Raymond James Stadium
(courtesy of my iPhone's new panoramic view camera)
Last Sunday, for my birthday, Billy bought tickets to the Bucs v. Chiefs game.  We took the kids and sat in the sun.  It was hot, but it was fun!  We may have lost to the Buccaneers, but we still enjoyed watching our team down on the field.  I always love being at a football game.  That was Colton and Khloe's first football game.  They have been to hockey games and baseball games, but this was their first football game.  Cole had fun, but he was hot, too!  He drank a lot of water!  Luckily, no one got a sunburn, and everyone had fun eating stadium nachos and pretzels!  I wish the Chiefs would have won, but alas, it was not to be.
The National Anthem
The flyover
With Koki at her first football game ... GO CHIEFS! 
Kansas! 
Happy Birthday to me with my Baby Bud!
At the game!  Panoramic shot ...

Today, we went to the Bucs v. Saints game.  This time, we got to see it from a Club Suite.  I find that with two small children, this is a much better way to view a football game (aside from the obvious answer ... from your own living room).  It's air conditioned (though this weekend we had wonderful weather--no humidity and a cool breeze).  We were spoiled with a ton of delicious food, drinks, and even complimentary take-home cups.  The kids had a lot of fun today, and since there were no Chiefs to cheer for ... I could cheer on the Buccaneers--plus, the Chiefs are on a bye week.  The Bucs almost pulled it out in the last few seconds, but this week wasn't their week.  They lost by a touchdown.  I guess that's my vindication from last week.  The suite is the real way to view a game in the stadium.  I felt very spoiled, and I look forward to another chance to watch a game in such luxury!

Daddy & Colton walking to the suite.
Suite view ... (literally ... sweet view)
with my crazy family in the club suite at the Bucs game
having fun watching the game together! 
She was starting to get sleepy ... she kept pushing her face up against mine and laying her head on my shoulder.  I love Koki cuddles!

Now, I am ready to spend a week tackling the painting of my dining room and living room.  I already finished the small hallway near the guest room and guest bath (it was small, but there was way too much cutting involved).  I have a pumpkin party next weekend, potluck after church, and prep for Halloween ... which is just over a week away!  I better get some candy!  I am loving our weather, and I can only hope it stays around for a while.

Have a good week everyone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment