Thursday, October 11, 2012

"teeth, teeth ... everywhere some teeth!"


So, I have been keeping my eye on Koki and her swollen gums.  She has two HUGE swollen spots on her bottom molars.  I have been watching and watching.  Her right bottom molar poked through last week.  I thought to myself, she must've been teething ... that's why she's so cranky ... can't sleep ... etc.  Don't we Moms love to say that?  I know I do!  "My "so-and-so" must be teething that's why he/she is so naughty!"  Surely, it's not because of something I may be doing or, perish the thought, my kid's own personality!  But seriously ... last week when I noticed her bottom molar poke through, I noticed something else, as well.  I was tickling her on the bed, and while she was laughing, I could see that her top, left lateral incisor had popped in.  I wasn't even paying attention to any other tooth ... just those swollen molars.

Well, it happened to me again today.  I was trying to feel that new bottom right molar when I decided to feel around for other teeth--just in case.  Lo and behold, I found that three more teeth had come in!  Where have I been!?!  Her top, left lateral incisor is in ... AND her two top 1-year molars! So, all in all, the count comes to 9!  In just over a week, she went from having five teeth to having 9 teeth.  Bam, bam, bam!  They just keep popping through ... and there are several more to come ... six more, and she will be set until sometime after 2 years.  I guess I better keep an eye on this one!  She will be all grown up on me, if I don't pay closer attention!

Speaking of ... here's my big girl walking around with her newest favorite toy.
She got this shopping cart from Billy's cousins (Ethan, Beth & Emily Ellstrom).  She LOVES it!  She pushes it all around everywhere.  Even Colton loves to play with it. 
Big girl walking around.
Do you see the smile on her face?  She was having great fun!
So much joy!
Colton having fun playing with the iPad in his fort.  Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment