Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pumpkin Patch


So, Monday was our MOMs Club Trunk or Treat party.  I dressed the kids up in their Halloween costumes.  They were so cute!  Colton chose the costumes out of three choices.  He is an Angry Bird and Khloe is King Pig.  I think it turned out pretty cute!  All of the kids at the party were adorable.  They had so much fun trunk or treating.  I, also, made some pumpkin cheesecake treats for the party.  I got the recipe off of Pinterest, and they were so very tasty!  I think I will make them for Thanksgiving.  They were a big hit at the party.
Pumpkin Cheesecake
King Pig and Red Angry Bird.  I tried and tried to get a good picture.  By this point, Khloe was done.  She wanted to go somewhere, and I kept making her stand right there next to Colton.  So ... that's what I get ... big tears in the picture!
Colton Trunk or Treating
All of the kids having fun! 
Cutest Pig ever! 
Love these kids!
This one knows how to take a picture!  He has the best smiles ever ... melts my heart.  What a cute Angry Bird!
Khloe, Colton, Mason (Max from "Where the Wild Things Are"), and Carson (Wild Thing)
All of the kiddos
Today, our MOMs Club went to a church pumpkin patch.  It was actually a nice (cool for Florida) day!  I was happy it wasn't blazing hot.  We got a bunch of great pictures, and the kids had a fun time playing with and amongst the pumpkins.
Cole & Koki
She wasn't full of too many expressions today ... just scrunchy nose and blank stare. :)
Adams Kids and Heinrich Kids

Koki with Carson
Colton & Mason
Me with Koki
I love these kids!
Me and my good friend, Gwendy
Having fun throwing hay!
Now, this kid knows how to turn on the cheese!
Pumpkin face paint.  Let's just say that didn't last too long!

Afterwards, Gwendy and I went to find a bale of hay at the swim school Mason used to go to.  We drove all of the way over there just to find out that they didn't have any!  I guess they are supposed to get a new shipment of them tomorrow.  It felt like a waste.  Oh, well.  I may just have to drive out there tomorrow.  We'll see!

So, we were all hungry by this point.  We drove to Panera.  There's nothing a little sandwich and soup can't cure!  When we were nearly done with lunch, Billy's cousin, Elizabeth and a friend of ours, Tamara, showed up to eat lunch.  So, they joined us at our table.  It was a nice surprise to visit with them, too!

By the time we got home, I was exhausted.  For whatever reason, I was feeling terribly sleepy and had a slight headache.  I slept for about an hour, and now, I feel groggy but much better.  The kids had a great time today, and they are happily playing in the toy room.

I even got a fun treat today!  As I was typing this, the doorbell rang ... it was the UPS man.  I am expecting a package from The Gap of something I ordered ... but instead, it was an unexpected birthday gift from Cherrie & Josh!  A vegetarian cookbook!  I have been looking through it, and I am excited to make some of the recipes.  I'll have to post about them when I do.

Well, I'm off to make some grilled cheese and soup for supper.  I am in a soup kind of mood today!  I guess it makes me feel like Fall is in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment