Saturday, April 10, 2010

A Beautiful Sabbath Day

I am off to see Steph and Andy today. I am so excited, because I haven't seen them in forever. Last night, Cole and I went on a walk after dinner. So, we can add that nice little jaunt to my exercise for the day. Today, we are eating at Tijuana Flats ... I am going to try to find something less fattening ... good luck, me. Anyway, it's been a good Sabbath so far. Colton woke up squealing and cooing. Suddenly, I heard angry screams ... I went into his room to find that he had pulled a blanket over his face, and apparently, couldn't remove it on his own. I took it off and got him out of bed. Poor guy ... he was so mad at that blanket! I put him in his gym to play this morning while I got ready to go on our little day trip ... after a while, I heard nothing--there was Cole, spread eagle, sleeping in the gym. Now, he is awake and has discovered the toys dangling above him are still there ... so he is playing again. I hope he sleeps the hour and a half down to see Steph and Andy. That way he will be refreshed to visit for a little while. Colton woke up with more of a cold today. He had a stuffy nose beginning on Wednesday ... and today he started coughing. Poor guy ... his first cold. I find him interesting to watch. He gets his arms swinging so hard and knocks all of his toys around so they crash into his face ... oh, the joy! He is almost rolling over ... he turns the upper half of his body on his side, but lo, his legs are so chunky ... he hasn't figured out how to swing them over yet. I am excited to run on Monday ... isn't that weird? Sounds like an oxymoron, but I am very excited to see if 2.2 miles will be easier. I hope so ... I'm kind of anxious to get to 3.2 miles. I don't know why--it's definitely NOT because I like doing it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment