Saturday, April 24, 2010

First Major Setback

So, before I got pregnant, I was wearing size 10 pants/shorts/skirts/dresses, etc. and medium shirts. Now, that I'm post pregnancy, I still fit into my size 10 pregnancy bottoms (and really, that's not saying much), but I have to wear large shirts now. I'm hoping once I finish breast-feeding and lose a little more weight that won't be an issue anymore. But the worst part of all isn't the top at all ... it's the bottom. I have tried on my favorite size 10 GAP jeans ... I can pull them up and button them. They are snug around the legs and tight around my belly/hips. I am working out trying to fit into those jeans. I also have a pair of shorts that are size 10 (GAP), and those fit much like the jeans ... snug where they didn't use to be snug, but overall, they button and zip. So, I bought a pair of jean shorts on gap.com that are a size 12, because I thought I should have something that I can wear as I lose the weight. They arrived ... and they don't fit at all ... in fact, they fit WORSE than my size 10 stuff that I already own! So, I went to the GAP to see what I could possibly find. Maybe it was the "cut" I thought ... or something, but it just couldn't be that I was THAT big. Well, turns out ... I am THAT big. I fit into the size 14 shorts. I just can't do it. I won't do it. I will not buy a pair of anything in a size 14. I left that size in college, and I won't go back. When I said goodbye to wearing size 14, I meant it. So, that was SO super discouraging. I know that I have baby weight (which doesn't feel any better than regular weight), and I know that Colton changed my body shape ... but size 14 is a no, no in my book. My hips, thighs, and gut/abs are so much bigger than they were a year ago, it sickens me. This setback teaches me one thing ... you are what you eat ... no matter what else is eating off of you. I won't do this when I have my next kid. Strict diet and exercise for me. Until I get this off, I'm going to have to put more effort into what I eat. I have been exercising like a fiend, but that hasn't been enough. And if I don't meet my goal weight for May ... I will start running everyday--not just MWF--and I will keep my other workouts each day to get a double dose. I'm serious here kids ... seeing that I was a size 14 was the worse possible thing that could've happened to me clothing wise, and I'm not about to accept it.

No comments:

Post a Comment